View Single Post
Old 2013-07-15, 7:34pm
one day at a time

I got mine today too, and then I realized that my Bobcat has the hose set-up for barbed connections, so I need to get a new hose. I wish I saved those connection end pieces I cut off so many years ago!

I should get a new hose set-up anyway. As soon as I can, I will place an order with them to get what I need. My regulator is going bad too because it's "squeaking" when I turn the valve, and the needle hesitates. Sometimes it behaves kind of wild and breathes a long breath of raging flame and then it dies down to barely there. Other times it works fine, with the exception of the squeaking and being slow to increase pressure. So it's time to replace that as well. Theirs is the right price for me. (plus a dozen or more glass colors I want to try!)

My husband is cutting out a piece of plywood for a board to mount the torch on tomorrow, and I'm going to order the 12"x12" aluminum sheet to cover it. That should make a nice stable mount and work surface. My table is one of those resin buffet 6ft tables from Costco. I have it covered with 12" tiles.

I'm dying to try it and now I have to wait! I have all my reds, oranges, rubino, and Bullseye opal pinks laid out to try with this torch. All the colors I just can't do with the Bobcat or the Mini CC. Not after 11 years of trying, so maybe this will be the answer. Oh, I almost forgot - Effetre pink opalinos and albastros, collecting dust for years, I got them out too. Pixie dust should be fun now! Instead of patchy-looking baked on half-a**ed sparkly stuff.

I love my Bobcat and will always love it, but it's not going into retirement if I fall in love with this new torch too. It's going to get a new job working with boro, because it's always been plenty hot enough for that! For right now I just need some gentle heat because I don't know if and when I will ever get the HH hooked up again. The welding shop idiots want to charge me a deposit when I already paid it 11 years ago. They "lost" my records. Yup!

Last edited by Lisi; 2013-07-15 at 7:58pm.