View Single Post
Old 2013-07-16, 1:27pm
one day at a time

I don't have money to burn, and boy do I wish I did. But I do have a business to make a living off of, so I must buy the supplies I need to keep it running.

Shawnette, I have thought of using the flashing to cover the entire table, and eventually I will do that. It's pretty inexpensive, like you pointed out. Thanks! Your work area looks great!

I have tiles and I'm tired of them sliding around and stuff falling down in between them. It's a mess, and I don't want to use grout and make them a permanent fix on the table.

The aluminim sheeting pieces that are pre-cut at Home Depot are $8-$11 bucks, and none are 12" sq. ft. I just want a little piece like the 12" because my husband is using it to make the base for the torch, so it can be picked up and moved around. The sheet is going to be covering a piece of 5/8" plywood, and the torch screwed in place on the bottom third of this surface. One screw in each corner, and underneath, the nuts for the screws will be recessed into the wood, so this base will rest completely completely flat on the table. Pointed ends of the screws filed if necessary. It should be heavy and stable enough so I don't have to clamp it to the table. I will probably be going back and forth between this new torch and the Bobcat once I really get going with boro again.

When we are done with this little torch base project, I'll take a picture of it to show.