View Single Post
Old 2015-05-18, 11:35pm
Salt Box Beads

"Lorraine, enjoyment from the process of creation is never spoiled by the investment, it is doubled (if you want something and can finally afford it - it is a pleasure)"

Katia, I respectfully disagree. A woman just three weeks ago fell in love with my beads and wanted so badly to learn and start creating her own beads but after we spoke for awhile and she found out the costs of setting up even a entry level studio she said it was beyond her financial capabilities. Newbies have NO idea of the costs of setting up a proper studio.

She had even taken one class which was very disappointing to her so she put it out of her head until she came across my booth.

The process of creation that she already had developed in her artistic mind
( she is very artistic in other areas ) and the fact that she had wanted to do glass for about a year was out of her reach financially. Her enthusiasm and joy WAS completely spoiled and was removed just by the investment she would have had to make.

I do however agree with you that if she could have afforded the expense she would have doubled her pleasure for sure.

The main reason I started this thread was so people with very limited income would not get wrapped up in a very addictive hobby and find out AFTERWARDS they could not possibly afford it. I have seen it happen over and over here on LE and in my personal life. It is better I think to get into hot glass knowing what the expenses could be and if it something you could do