View Single Post
Old 2006-06-10, 9:56am
FireandFibers

Quote:
Originally Posted by pam
Elizabeth, have you hooked your minor up to the M20? Try that and see how your minor works on the M20. If it doesn't work very well, then there is definitely a problem with the M20, but my understanding is that although the Wildcat will work with almost any source of oxy, it will not work as well with smaller amounts of oxy as it will with larger amounts. So, Paula says it will work with 5 psi of oxy, but that doesn't mean the torch will work full out with that low pressure. Brent uses two M20s when using his Wildcat, so I would assume it takes that to get close to full use of the torch. I think you either need to change torches or get a larger source of oxy. Good luck, and keep us informed.
Pam
I am running the minor on the M20 and I am making boro beads up to a width of 25mm with ease. I can't make anything close to that with the Wildcat on the M20....the torch struggles, the flame just isn't hot enough....but with the Wildcat on the tanked oxy it works great, nice hot flame, much hotter than my minor.

Does that make sense?

I have given up on running the Wildcat on one M20. The problem is I bought the M20 & the Wilcat with the understanding (from the company that I purchased it from) that they would run together with no problems.

Ack! I just hate using oxy tanks, my studio is in the basement and they have to be lugged up and down stairs.

Anyone want a Wildcat with less than 5 hours of torch time?

Fire & Fibers Website:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.