View Single Post
Old 2008-12-11, 10:29am
da General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashtonjewels View Post
...I had to come to terms with all of this before I could release my first tutorial. I also had to find the confidence that I needed in order to move on because I knew that once people could make versions of my beads for themselves, my own sales for the same style of beads would suffer. This is not because I thought that the market would be flooded with beads that resembled mine, it's because the beads seem to become less special once the "secrets" are revealed. Lampworkers make up a huge portion of my bead buying business. Today, I don't get orders for the floral panel style beads that I was making before I released the tutorials. It's a good thing too, because I completely lost my zest for making them.
I wholeheartedly DISAGREE, Lydia! On the contrary, I followed your tutorial (first tutorial I did step by step the way you showed it without putting my own "spin!" lol!) . . . yes the "magic" was revealed but personally I am more in awe than ever! Your urn bead still sits on my desk and I fondle it all the time, marveling at its perfection. I will surely want more of your work in the future because now I can truly appreciate what it took!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
|