View Single Post
Old 2012-07-30, 1:41pm

Susan ... not sure if it will be any help but here is my modis operandi for boro frit use.

I get the bead base as hot as I can so that it will pick up a good bit of frit. Just the move from the flame to the frit tray allows it to cool alot.

I go for the really bright light orange and roll in frit that is pretty deep so I can press down and get the sides as well. I put it back in the middle of the flame and start melting the frit. I press my marver against the sides of the bead so the frit gets pressed away from the mandrel and I will even marver the whole bead lightly to "flatten" out the frit. As you heat it, it wants to ball up and disappear.

For me finer frit needs extra rolls, chunkier frit I can get away with a single roll alot, depends how much of the base I want to show through.

A nice encasing of clear always magnifies and make it the frit show more too.

That all said ... I like your beads just the way they are. I love boro ... because too separate days doing the exact same thing (or I think it is the exact same thing) and I will get slightly different results. It's part of the magic for me. And I gave up quite a while ago on getting the same results as anyone else. Just oo many variables!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.