View Single Post
Old 2013-03-15, 11:10am
The Harbinger of Cuteness

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeenaG View Post
Marla, just watched the video and found that I am not being aggressive enough with my deburring. Thanks for the link! Also, it sounds like Aimee had some success with Amy's recipe! I'm going to core a few more this afternoon and see what I get.
I'm very aggressive with my deburring. Sometimes I think I'm too aggressive, but I never have trouble with splitting or rough edges on my silver cores. I DO get a lot of splitting when I try copper, brass, or aluminum, though. My hubby says THAT is the defining difference between precious metals and base metals. Precious metals are precious because they're so much easier to work with.

I tried Amy's recipe on my second BHB using my plus-4mm tubing and it worked again. Only problem is that with the 1/4 turns you have to flip the bead a million and a half times. I'm gonna make a bunch of BHBs this weekend and play with using 1/2 turns to see what happens.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~

#M-191