View Single Post
Old 2013-02-09, 12:44pm

Default Helping the Sea Turtles of Cozumel

I hope this is the right place to post this.

We go to Cozumel, MX every year for our diving vacation, and have learned that the Ecological Society down there that helps to preserve the sea turtle numbers is not governmental funded. They rely 100% on donations to run their program.

What they do and mark the nests (there were 7500 nexts last year) and then help protect them from poachers (as well as the turtles when they come to lay their eggs). After the nests have hatched, they did them up, count the egg shells, and also rescue any late hatchers that are too far down in the nest to be able to get out with out help.

Its a very cool program. I will be making some items to donate to them for sales when the tourists come to their little trailer...and it's little...bout 10 x 10.

Anyone willing to accept a challenge to make some items to donate to help them raise some funds?

We will be leaving for Cozumel on 10/26/2013 so there is some time to get things made and sent to me to deliver.

For more information you can see their Facebook page here

https://www.facebook.com/CozumelTurtles

I can be reached at aussieu@comcast.net as well.

How can you resist helping little guys like this one that we rescued in 2012!!

Becky Noe
Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by BeckyNoe; 2013-02-09 at 12:49pm. Reason: to add photo