View Single Post
Old 2010-09-21, 7:10pm

Laura (& Squid)

Every example in my article was based on a different experience, often two or more.

The one that keeps coming up here is ONE that happened this past weekend but it's happened to me before with other tut writers. But I kept referring to this one because

* It just happened
* I've known the person for years
* I've supported her business for years

I've never said anywhere how much I've done for the "community." Other than being an avid bead buyer back when I made a real living, I can't say I've done much for "the community."

When you know someone live and in person; have spent lots of money on their beads / products; assisted them in other ways, etc. the expectation of reciprocity is a little bit different.

The rest of the examples in my article were other people / issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura B View Post
I think it's great that you want to help people become better tutorial writers and I think this thread has already helped many.

However, IMO, you seem to be taking all your interactions with ONE person and using that to make commentary on the entire tutorial-writing community.

Also, you mention quite often how much you give to the community... and then you seem to have expectations of reciprocity based on that. I find it works much better if you give because you want to give, don't mention it to anyone, and don't have expectations from others. Do what you want because you want to... not because you think you'll get something in return.

JMO

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.