View Single Post
Old 2010-09-22, 10:47am
ManBearPig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura B View Post
IMO anytime someone has a complaint or a dislike regarding a tutorial, that complaint should be seriously considered by the author. Sometimes change is good.
I agree. This sort of goes off on a tangent, but give me a minute...

A few months ago I was wanting to create a web site where tutorial authors could sell their tutorials all in one spot. So if someone wanted to look for tutorials, they could come to one site and find them all for sale there. It didn't happen because of the way the tutorial authors reacted to it.

But, in addition to selling tutorials, I wanted to have a place where customers could leave comments for the tutorials. I've heard many times on here that "nobody would say anything negative because everyone knows each other" or "nobody would want to offend anyone". I think that's sad. As someone who has put out 3 books, I really want to know if someone has any difficulty or problem with the lessons. Or if someone has any other problem with it or whatever.

Customers give a tutorial author their money, and they deserve to get what they paid for. If the tutorial isn't up to par, the author should know about it. People should feel free to post what they really feel about the stuff they buy. An author may think everything is nice and clear because they know the subject they are writing about. But, it may not be that way for the person buying it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.