Thread: Devardi cracks
View Single Post
Old 2009-11-19, 5:37pm
I'm a lilac!

Quote:
Originally Posted by likes to make glass stuff View Post
I've seen it brought up a time or two in various posts. I'm not going searching for them. I brought the BE info up in response to the "no other glass" has that problem statements. It seems that other glass can, indeed, have that problem, under some conditions.

I'd guess the folks that brought it up read it off the site and since they do work cooler, suggested others try it. The working tips are compiled from some users experience, and posted. The folks selling the glass are newbies to the field, thus using terms like "foaming" instead of boiling or devitrifying or shattering when referring to shocky rods.

Much like some folks will suggest heating the vermiculite in the crock pot, though logic doesn't follow on that practice either. I'd bet that phrasing will probably fade off the site eventually, as folks get more experience with the glass.

All glass will change COE the longer it's batched, which is what's happening when it's held in a liquid state for extended periods of time.

No other glass seems to have a problem with becoming self-incompatible from being worked in a torch. I kind of doubt Devardi does, too.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.