View Single Post
Old 2012-06-18, 5:52pm
Queen Tut ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddy Tat Glass View Post
Jenne how large are you going in your soft glass work ?
Right now I can do 2" soft glass pieces, but sweat a little because of the lack of ambient heat. I'm not looking at doing huge sculptures, but would like to handle 3" or so. I had an idea that I just couldn't put to practice because when working on one side of the piece, I couldn't heat it enough before I needed to give the other side insurance heat. Well, without burning the snot out of it...I needed to be gentle lol

What torch do you use for your pieces? They seem large and sculptural, though I do believe I remember you saying you work with Bullseye (not sure how that works heat wise, I assume similar enough).

Elizabeth, for your Lynx, are you using tanked or an oxycon? I was wondering if pressure had anything to do with the lack of flame...adjustability (can't think of a better word).

I never utilize the middle knob, just because it makes the torch so loud and I torch at night when my 3 year old is sleeping. I also kinda don't know how to best benefit from it...kinda just winging it.

Anywho, thanks for the input so far y'all

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.