Thread: Foot Pedals?
View Single Post
Old 2013-12-03, 6:54pm
I'm meeeeelting

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcrawford View Post
Already started to look around but I am not sure what type of concentrator will work. Will the ones used for medical home use work or do I need something larger?

I know they are going to be costly but *how* costly would you estimate? $600-$1000 or $1000-$2000 for the concentrator?
Many people seem to use M-15 or Ex-15 concentrators with Bravos. What I've heard is that 2, wyed together, will work okay, but 3 will work better in terms of being able to use the torch to full or close to full potential. You could probably start with two and then add a 3rd later if you want to start working larger and/or hotter. One problem is that customer service has been pretty dicey from many of the companies selling these concentrators, so do your homework on what to buy and from whom if you decide to go with concentrators. I run my Barracuda with 2 Regalias. They're pricier (I think around $1400 each), but fantastic. There are other machines out there, such as the Psyclone, that may allow you to only need one, but I don't know how they compare in terms of price or LPMs and pressure. I'd suggest starting your research by going to the Bethlehem website. Get the stats on LPMs and pressure requirements to run the torch full on. Then you can look at concentrators/generators to see what best meets those needs. The Bravo is designed to run well on low pressure, but that means it needs more volume to make up for it (compared to the predecessor Barracuda). I can never remember how it works when you connect multiple concentrators. You can almost double either the LPMs or the pressure (I'm guessing LPMs), but I can't remember for sure which for sure. The other doesn't go up by adding more machines.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Kevlar Fingerless Gloves:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.