View Single Post
Old 2008-05-29, 4:19pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbinkster View Post
emphasis mine

No, Jack, allow me to set forth a couple of facts and keep the record straight. You have now leveled some accusations against GTT that are untrue and are calling into question my honesty.

In a thread on another forum, I posted about the offer for GTT to be a distributor and how they wanted to test units first and then were invoiced for them. You replied with:

...The info that was posted on this site is based on our first try at a modified unit nearly 2 years ago. We have spent the last two years perfecting and testing our equipment. GTT was never offered our machine for any other purpose than testing. Obviously objectivity is not their strong suit, since they have their own line of concentrators.

First of all, GTT does not sell concentrators, I do. Second, GTT was indeed offered a distributorship. I have the proof right here. I did not post it over there before, but now that you are calling me a liar (again) about GTT buying those machines, well, I figured I had better just put it all out there. We're not going to just sit back and be called liars.

Here is the Distributor Plan (we obscured the prices) and a letter to your distributors (and I guess prospective ones, since you sent one to GTT):

Here is the invoice for the three machines that GTT purchased

You are claiming that GTT did not buy the units you sent them. You are also putting it all off on Paul, saying that you were unaware of the goings-on. And, you are basically calling me a liar, again, Jack. Well, here is your signature on the back of the cancelled check:

GTT was invoiced for and paid for the machines before they were able to test them. They figured that they could sell them later. Well, after testing them and returning them and testing the replacement units, they were not about to pass them off on anyone else. They had buyers, but they also had a conscience and needed to be able to sleep well at night. So, there they sat, unsold. W&W figured that they were stuck with them since the original six month warranty had passed.

Now, if you are still willing to replace the machines with current ones, let's talk. How about you replace the two M-20s with two M-15s and the M-10 with a current model M-10, if the new M-10s perform better than the older ones with the condition that we will run these new units for a specified length of time (how about continuously for five weeks straight) and will be sampling them during that time and if the units fall below 90% purity and/or 15 psi pressure at their highest rated output (8LPM), you will take them back and refund the original purchase price of $1810.00 USD? I will post the test results and they will be actual measurements and not just exclamations of "It rocks!" or "It runs nicely."

Neither I nor GTT were in the concentrator business when you sent those machines. We had no bias. Even now, with me having my business selling concentrators, GTT and I are still searching for a machine that puts out higher flow and higher pressure than what we have now with high purity. It must perform as advertised for me or GTT to even consider selling or recommending it. If your machines are as good as you are claiming they are now (and that would mean that they would have to perform well in the long run, too, not just right out of the box), well, we would be happy to sell or recommend them. It's unfortunate that we have not yet had that experience.

BTW, the original units were sent out in late 2005. They were returned and the three replacement units (one of which I have here) were sent out some time in 2006. That is only two years ago. Two years is not a long time, especially when you are discussing equipment that should last much longer than that.

If you would like to apologize to me and GTT for calling us liars, we'll accept your apology.

And please accept my apology for not noting in my original post that the M-20s were discontinued. I thought that that was common knowledge, since they are not listed for sale on your website and it just did not occur to me that anyone would think that I was implying that they were current models.

Oh, and Brent... did Jack's post coming on here and lying about us count as "being dishonest"?
(and yes, it was a lie to say that GTT never paid for their units when they in fact had)

Oh, and purity problems, compressors wearing out, units dying after five months of use, and things like that are usually NOT caused by shipping mishaps... just so you know...
Well, Thats what I get for taking someone elses word on the agreement. I was wrong and I do apologize. I was mis-informed. Of corse I dont remember signing the check from years ago, but its pretty obvious I did. If you would like, I will send a truck to pick up the units. I would be happy to take you up on your offer for the switch. Kimberly, I did not and would not intentionly call you or GTT liars. That is not in my nature. I am truely sorry for posting false info on this matter. The M20 worked well for MOST who purchased them, but not for all. Those who had issues were replaced. I dont have any claims posted that could be mis-leading. All the information I have aquired, came from Lampworkers themselves. EVERY SINGLE person who calls me to match up a generator with a torch, is told by me to ask around for better advise on what to use. At one time, we included Rich at Glasscraft to help with evaluation. He actually had a list that matched the torches with our machines. I never had a copy to use. Again, I am sorry to Kimberly, GTT and everyone who was mis-led by my statement. My intent was not mean or pointed at all. The M20 was not discontinued just improved. We felt that it could use another compressor, so we put it in a steel box. It was known as the M20 Tornado for a while then we just dropped the M20 part of the name. It is the Tornado, and is still in our line up. There was no need for a recall because they are still working well. I would love for a REAL list of torch specs to be posted somewhere. I dont hide the specs of my machines. They are posted all over my site. I will even lend any of my units to someone for REAL testing for REAL info purposes. I have no fight for anyone and I dont want one. I just posted some eronious info and I am very sorry for it. jack