View Single Post
Old 2008-05-30, 8:47am
Butterfly Rancher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Brady View Post
I got a question.

If UO machines are so thoroughly deficient, why do so many people keep buying them and why do so many that have bought them comment so favourably and so frequently about how pleased they are with them?
When I was a newbie and got my first oxycon, it was the cat's meow but I had nothing to compare it to. It was only after a few months and the UO started to output at way less than it originally did that I started to be unhappy with the oxycon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditfd View Post
I don't care who provides me the measurements at this point. I felt like Kimberly was/is on the right track. Instead of simply claiming a certain level of operation, she's taken measurements. In addition, she's offered her equipment to others for testing, I'm assuming so that she can compile the data and publicize it for all our benefits. It's more than anyone else has done thus far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditfd View Post
I don't have a gizmo to test with, although I might take Kimberly up on her offer of borrowing hers at some point. Because I have no way of knowing that when I get anybody's machine if it is working according to the specs they claim.
Good points! Particularly the not knowing what is actually happening spec-wise.

Thanks again, Kimberly, for taking the time to test. I'm always interested in seeing how real-world use compares to laboratory testing.

May 2014 -- Good-bye Florida and Hello Colorado