Thread: Pipe tutorials
View Single Post
Old 2012-10-09, 12:52pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerendipityArtGlass View Post
Oh, the 1st 3 pipes that I made, the holes were just fine. But while I was learning to tear the mouthpiece open, the pipe got shorter and shorter and shorter until it was only about 2 inches (max) long. So, I can do the holes well, I can push the bowl correctly, I can tear a decent mouthpiece - just need to get to come all together in one piece. Soon, very soon.
HAHAHA story of my life.. at least in lampworking.

I'm not saying to not finish the piece. What Im saying is if you elongate a pack hole like you did, don't go back and fix it. Think about what you did and how to do it correctly next time. Unless your not concerned with time management and money. Then go for it. Its a good skill to know how to do. But, in the time it takes you to fix the problem you could be well on your way to making a new and better piece. In production mode anyway. Its just not worth it. Always finish something, not to is stupid.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Carlisle on Tanks/Scorpion on Oxy-con