View Single Post
Old 2013-02-22, 8:13am
Flame On!

Well, it looks like Pandora is back on Etsy. I have gotten 3 contacts in 4 days asking for advice about this. My Advice is still the same. COMPLY. If you get a letter, PUT YOUR SHOP IN VACATION MODE. REMOVE Pandora from EVERYTHING. Most importantly, your Shop Title, Shop Description, Section Titles, Listing Titles and even if you decide to use it in fair use, it must NOT BE IN THE FIRST 9 words of the description.
Etsy will close your shop. Period. End of story. They will not re-open it and they do not give a rat's ass about you. IF, by chance, you miss something and they shut you down, all is not lost. It's a bitch, you have to start over from square one, but regardless of what the rules say, you can re-open. You have to choose another shop name and start from scratch, but just do it. I personally know of 4 people that have successfully done it, and anyone can. It doesn't matter if you link the same paypal account, etc. Etsy really and truly doesn't care, they shut down the first shop to cover their ass, because Pandora comes after THEM, not you. They own the(your) shop, NOT you. I would suggest using your old shop name in your tags, so that some of your old customers can find you. Go to Paypal and harvest all of the email addy's from your previous sales and send a brief "Grand Opening of your new shop" letter. Brief, no one wants spam marketing, lol.
Customers will recognize your items and you will re-build. It sucks, but you can make it!!! Look, no guts, no glory. It won't hurt you to try. And again, I know several bead artists that have done it, I'm not comfortable calling them out, but it has been done. I can't tell you how strongly I recommend downloading inventory files from Etsy on a regular basis. Anything you have on Etsy is their property, not yours. But I do know several people who have been shut down and asked Etsy for a link to download their CSV files after the fact and they gave it to them, so if you need them, ask Etsy and they may give them to you.

PS CSV files are important because they contain your listing titles, descriptions and prices so you don't have to re-write ALL THAT INFORMATION. Some contain your photos. For some reason, my csv files are corrupted on occassion and the photos don't get included, but the actual information is half the battle!!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by theglassattic; 2013-02-22 at 8:18am.