View Single Post
Old 2009-04-08, 9:09am

When I was in college chemistry (back in the mid 70's), I had the misfortune to break a mercury thermometer into my hand while inserting it into a cork.

Mercury everywhere. Prof freaked out, sent me over to the health center where they x-rayed my hand to be sure that there wasn't any mercury in the cut or travelling up my bloodstream.

THEN they picked the bits of glass out and stitched me up. At least they injected me with novacaine as soon as I got there.

Funniest thing about the whole incident was that I was instructed to "run" over to the health center -- fast heart beat, fast moving blood. Yeah. Of course, as a kid, I panic'd and DID run over there, then got scolded by the doctor for doing it. Hell, after the dire warnings about not getting mercury on your hands in the first place.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

: LE2009