View Single Post
Old 2009-01-20, 2:42pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandalinn View Post
Boy I am sorry I even started this thread. The last thing I wanted was people fighting.
Please don't worry about it, it's not your fault. You asked a very legitimate question and I am glad you did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalera View Post
I am not "the lot of you". I am one person.

You know, like I said, I explained why I had doubts, explained (as several have before me) that people have deceived us before, and asked a straightforward question.

None of us knows this man. We are being asked to trust a complete stranger, without an introduction, without reservation, and without asking questions. I don't think that expressing doubt, explaining why, and asking a direct and politely-worded question in any way deserved the angry, hostile response I got. If I went to a strange forum and signed up with no publicly-viewable information about who I was, and without introducing myself gave rave reviews to a new product on the market, I would expect skepticism, not become angry and hostile toward those who asked the obvious question of whether I was working with the seller.

It is really nice of Jim to share his results. However, his responses to those who are cautious or skeptical of trusting a stranger (something we are all trained to do from an early age!) reveal him to be not a nice person, at all, and they do nothing to allay my doubts. After this interaction with the man, and what he said to me in response to my cautiously explained and carefully politely-worded question, I want nothing more to do with him or anything he's associated with, ever.
Yep, well said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison D View Post
Kalera, He has every right to be irritated with the lot of you. All the man did was lay out his money to test this glass for you like Sarah encouraged him to do. He has been a member for 4 months before this came up..

What in the world would constitute enough proof of this mans innocence so that those who have accused him of dirty business practices would offer an apology.

If he was in leauge with these people he wouldn't heve been sending them those emails(that they posted on their auction) detailing exactly what he has said here. And he would have got his damn glass free.
'
And even if I'm wrong. People here would be much wiser to err on the side of caution when accusing other people of horrid things. If anyone has reservations about a new product or glass all they have to do is not buy, or buy a 1/4 pound and test out the new vendor and the glass.
For the record, I did not "encourage" Jim to do anything, he came on here and announced that he was giving the glass a try. I have asked a few questions, and my "horrid accusations" have been studded with apologies-in-advance and admissions that I could be wrong. I know, I will always end up being the nasty one no matter what I say, but I am not the one being rude and slinging insults at people. I will not be apologizing, as I have nothing to apologize for. I am asking legitimate questions - questions many people would like to know the answers to. I am just the one who is asking them out loud.

The one thing I have encouraged Jim to do, is try out other areas of the forum and share his knowledge with us, since this is what he claims he wants to do. However, the only thing he seems interested in helping people with, is buying Devardi glass.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|