View Single Post
Old 2009-01-20, 4:12pm

Hello, I said I was not going to post again, but after the large number of PMs I received last night, I just wanted to say "Thank you!" I really enjoyed our conversations, but I am too old to pull another all-nighter. You do not have to come to my defense. Time will tell about the merits of this glass. I only did what I was asked to do, and with more posts came more interrogration and it was almost to the point of harrasment.

Kalera, I would like to apologize to you. When I am wrong, I will be the first to admit it.
When you posted, I was ready to give it up and I just dumped on you. You all have the right to be cautious or skeptical of a stranger on the board. But, members on this board encouraged me to do this. Contrary to what is thought, as another member stated, I was a member for four months already and learned about Devardi glass from the post here. Some of you did not give this glass time to be tested. Some of you should be receiving your glass soon. Please post your results, good or bad. If everthing goes well, Barb should be posting her results tomorrow.
I will not be posting any more concerning Devardi glass. When I emailed Daniel this morning concerning the removal of the eBay post concerning Barb, I encouraged him or his wife, Natasha, to introduce themselves on this board, if they planned to stay in this business. He stated they will do it, as soon as they catch up on shipping orders. They have been busy removing the posts on eBay. I hope you welcome them and give them a chance.
Sarah, Tips and Techniques and Garage are my favorite ones. I do not have too much time to post, and I am not promoting myself or any products, so should I do this to please you?
I was excited and felt good about myself for trying to help people in this thread but "no more."
If any of you on this thread purchased Devardi glass because of my posts and do not like it, contact me and I will purchase it from you. I like the glass and what I do not use, my wife can sell in her shop. Now, it is a win-win situation for all of you. See, I am not trying to sell it, I want to buy it!
Sarah, as far as I am concerned, this is over. This thread is not about me, or you, it is about glass. That is the one reason we are all here.
For years I thought I would like to have the time to post, develop relationships on a board, and when I do, it does not materialize.
So, thanks and I cannot tell you all how much I have learned from the board. Even though I have not belonged to LE long, I have been a lurker and a fan for years. You are a good bunch, I just hope a couple rotten apples do not ruin the barrell.
Regards, Jim

PS: Candyann, Thank you. I hope next week to work with the glass again and try it with foils and mesh. I have seen better clears. The transparent green also had bubbles. The grey bead in the pic. is Devardi glass encased with Moretti. No cracks at all. Even though I had no cracks in any of the beads I annealed, I will be testing further with my two polorized sheets, when a friend returns them. Another poster stated there was no way to test if they have stress. This method has been used in glass for years. For those of you that have not used it, you actually see a halo when stress between the two is present.