View Single Post
Old 2009-01-20, 6:56pm
disco granola punk

I had a phone conversation with Jim today, and I think he is a nice guy who offered information without realizing some of the upheavals that have been going on around here. he's pretty new to lampworking, but has been in stained glass for years, and after speaking with him I believe he's exactly who he says he is and will be a real asset to the LE community for his knowledge of kilns and glass, even though he's a newbie lampworker.

Jim, I'm glad you made the suggestions you did to the Devardi glass distributors, and I hope they take your advice and jump in so people can get to know them, once things settle down after their unexpected rush of orders. I'd love to see them put some information up on a website or in their ebay profile about the glass, and where and how it's made. one thing that concerns me about why it's such a good deal is that wages are really low in India, and working conditions aren't always safe, so I hope the distributors have chosen to work with a company that treats its people well.

I'm interested in this glass after talking with you, and I hope you get your new version of photoshop figured out soon so we can see some pix of your work

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(retired from lampworking due to ill health)