View Single Post
Old 2015-09-11, 8:24am
Flamewoman

Saw this and could not resist chiming in. I have been melting glass for over 15 years, and started off with beads. These days I work only in boro, and floral pendants are my focus. I get about $75 to $95 or more for each pendant unless it is something experimental or not up to snuff, one's that aren't perfect go for $35 to $45. But those were not my price ranges when I had only one year experience. As my work has moved up, so have my prices. I have an etsy shop, it sucks. never sold a thing. I sell on FaceBook, and do very well, there are pages devoted to glass art and I sell my best stuff there. I also have 3 major galleries that buy my work, I do not do commission. I sell them my work at my usual prices and they double that and sell them just fine, as they get the foreign tourists who have money. I also sell my work at Art shows and some fine craft shows. I make more now than I did before I retired. Looking at your picture of your work SteveR you have a ways to go, but for only one year I see some real potential in your work. Your bail is neat, while the implosion ( you are working on tubing?) is crude, it shows potential. Keep working, your skills will improve, take some classes and push your boundaries, it just takes years behind the torch to develop your own style and create a following of customers. Here is some of my work, I work on solid rod, so these are compression's, not implosions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never
know how soon it will be too late.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PLEASE like my page!