View Single Post
Old 2012-11-26, 7:43am
Glass-aholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robinj View Post
The "gradually move them together" method always resulted in thick hollows with a bubble on one side.

Paula Canant's method of building 2 straight disks and then connecting them (making a barrel shape) has given me great success.
I basically do this, I use a marble mold to help bring the 2 disks together in the right shape, and then again to even and round out the shape. usually a 7/8" ish size is what I lean towards somehow without trying ...(Even if using a puffy mandrel, and use the puffy mandrel just a little to even things out/add a puff of air, not to blow out the entire bead, i do most of the work w/o the blowing doing most of the work, its just there to expand and even the walls a bit. I do this in a marble mold so it does not over expand)

PS I also use a spoon to help bring the disks together before it fits in my marble mold. I find one with a big gentle curve.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

hand dyed silk ribbons in many colors!
WASHERS & TOPPERS - layering components for interchangeable glass topper and to use in other jewelry/metalwork.:

Last edited by jaci; 2012-11-26 at 7:50am.