View Single Post
Old 2009-04-17, 10:56am

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVC-Ed View Post
Can you tell me what you mean by "sketchy"?

The element is supported by stainless steel wire, is totally encased and electrically safe - it's not energized. It works the same way that an element in a kitchen oven works, and those are suspended from the roof and raised above the floor as well. By spacing the element away from the insulating material, more of the energy is applied to the air in the kiln.

Kilns that have their elements buried in the insulation take more energy ($$) to run because they have to heat the insulation FIRST before the heat can get to what is in the kiln. That's why so many kilns are essentially overpowered - they need additional wattage to overcome the mass of insulation, and you pay for that additional wattage with higher operating costs.
Now there is a guy that believes in the product he is selling. I appreciate this and will take a closer look at your product because of this.

I am sure my "sketchy" comment comes from my own ignorance. After reading some of the claims from other manufacters I was under the assumption that the elements could shock me if touched with a tool or mandrel. Some of the kilns out there have no element exposed and that seemed like a safety issue to me.

So from what you wrote I am assuming (again) That the element is not going to shock me and is securly attached to the kiln. How far into the chamber does it hang, I would like to know since that area is a commodity that is being purchased. Also I see that most kilns run an element that looks like a coiled wire and yours is solid, could you explain the differance to me

Thanks