View Single Post
Old 2015-11-16, 7:07am

Moving forward on technique--- after study of uTubes and pics on other sites.

Next i am going to try smaller dots for the stamens----and compress four times before placing pedal lines.

Different diameter canes make a big difference with pedal development through the process.

On this one I tooled between the pedals--- the pedals were from 2 mm stringer/canes- that is dented the clear beside pedal lines.

The cane was NS star white--- with one layer of opage NS yellow--- then covered with transparent yellow---.

Laying the pedal-- with the smallest flame I can get from the center lamp of my old Bethlehem PMD2 model A ( 40 year old torch)

I compress the first pedals four times--- then the second pedals three times--- then apply the green leaves and compress everything about three times.

I reposition the maria or invert my work to migrate glass rod-ward during the final stages to encourage the base of the floral to be positioned at the bottom of miria when it becomes an imploded marble.

I seem to be making progress and free flowing pedals after compressions by heating the shoulder of the Maria first-- then the maria body afterward. Describing this process in a text message is a bit difficult.

Last edited by SteveR; 2015-11-16 at 7:31am. Reason: Dialog