Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2011-11-14, 5:39pm
I wanna play with glass

Default Can you point me in the right direction please...

OK, so I am ready to make glassy things I just lack all of the equipment to make anything as of yet. There are so many wonderful and kind people here and I may have something to work with sooner than I know. I have read a whole bunch of great stuff here and looked at awesome pictures but here is what I need...I need begginer instructions, using a hothead or torch with soft glass and boro. If you have links or tutorials that will teach someone who hs never melted glass in there lives I would be so greatful for you to show me where to go or for these kinds of tutorial to be emailed to me. I live out in the country and there isn't a place that is close by for me to take classes. There is one place about 30 - 45 minutes away from here but I can't get away for a full day class, I have 4 kiddos so it makes it hard, I have to take them and pick them up from school each day and the classes are during the week. Any way, I would appreciate anything at all you can email or link me to. Feel free to PM if you would like also. My email is missbellachic at gmail dot com.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2011-11-14, 5:50pm
honorary bead lady

This may help...
http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...ht=newbie+tips
Old 2011-11-14, 9:24pm
grama punky - class junky

Hi Bella, my suggestion is the purchase of "Passing the Flame" by Corrina Tettinger. I think it is the perfect book to learn from.

Old 2011-11-15, 3:50am
Unmedicated since '62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzydee View Post
Hi Bella, my suggestion is the purchase of "Passing the Flame" by Corrina Tettinger. I think it is the perfect book to learn from.
Ditto, I read it till it was dogeared

- my 17yo sons first novel

- download, get organised, enjoy
Old 2011-11-15, 2:03pm
The Harbinger of Cuteness

I ditto the ditto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerfectDeb View Post

~
~

#M-191
Old 2011-11-15, 4:10pm
I wanna play with glass

I have been eyeballin that book for a while now so it looks like thats a book I'm gonna have to get asap Thank all of you so much for the great suggestions, I really appreciate it very much

Old 2011-11-15, 5:04pm
Macaw Mamma

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerfectDeb View Post
Me too.... and I still read it regularly

Welcome to the addiction Miss Bella Chic

Torchin' with a Cheetah and a Bobcat on tanked O2
Fusin' in a Jen-Ken
Old 2011-11-15, 7:41pm
Glass-aholic

I recommend "making glass beads" by Cindy Jenkins. It's cheaper (12$ used on amazon) and very very simple. Corinas book is great once you figure out you are addicted. But really, why spend $50 or more before you know. Get the basics, it is a really great book. It's been arround forever and is very mater-o-fact on how to make a bead. Simple words and pics. It also has lots of great eye candy! Corinas book is easier to be overwhelmed and scattered with ideas you want to try. (I have both books)

hand dyed silk ribbons in many colors!
WASHERS & TOPPERS - layering components for interchangeable glass topper and to use in other jewelry/metalwork.:
Old 2011-11-15, 8:39pm
Salt Box Beads

I have most of "The Books" and my main reference book that is also very worn and threadbare now is Passing The Flame.
Old 2011-11-15, 9:04pm
Sheila Davis Designs

I too still refer to Passing the Flame. It is the best! IMHO

Old 2011-11-16, 4:20pm
I wanna play with glass

Y'all are so wonderful! Thank you for pointing me to these books. I will have to get them as soon as I can, which is going to have to be very soon because a wonderful lady is sending me her HH and some things to get started and I also put my name in the hat for a torch another very nice forum member is giving away to a newbie. I am already addicted so I'm sure it will get so much worse when I finally get started...I tend to love addictions, gives me something to do and keeps me out of trouble lol.

Old 2011-11-16, 5:34pm
I wanna play with glass

Oh Oh Oh...I totally forgot!!! Another super wonderful person is sending me "Making Glass Beads" for secret santa . She wasn't sure if I had the book or not so she asked me and I am so excited!