LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Tutorials to purchase

Old 2008-11-02, 12:20pm
Formerly Deesigned Beads

Ok, I am back! WOW. There is just so much info that I can use! Sandy, I do not have tube, but I do have some blow pipes, and I will try this out, with a blow pipe,, OK, I do not want to give out too much info. But I guess you understand what I am saying!

I did my first blown vessel the other day, but there is now way that I could ever decorate it.
Diana

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2008-11-02, 1:11pm
Uh-oh means it's too late

wow I too went to your gallery your work is amazing!!!!!! I can not wait to get to work. I have not been on the torch in a couple of days. First I am going to make some raspberricello (like limoncello) I need to get to work on xmas presents. I am making desk sets for DH's Boss and Secretary, Vessel necklaces (using your tut!!!!!!) with a small (teeeny) lock of baby hair for each of my sisters, and a plaque that has a raised design showing love so my grandmother can "feel" the picture she recently lost her sight and is devastated so she won't have to "look" at this just "feel" it. I hope to post pics here once I get started on the vessels. By the way where can you buy corks to stop them up? I don't know if that info is in the tut and I can't read the tut yet on my comp cuz it won't let download acrobat but DH is printing it out for me and binding it!!!!!!! Thank you again and I think that you a truly gifted person and artist!!!!!!

Old 2008-11-02, 1:12pm

way to go Diana!!!!!!! I hope mine look that good when I start.

Old 2008-11-02, 2:25pm

I'm going to a Town Hall meeting in the morning Steph, But I hope you can call in the evening tomorrow. I'll be home then. Can't wait to talk to you! I love our conversations on the phone!! You gotta tell me how the classes are going for you. Been a while since I've heard anything about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnitSteph View Post
I miss you too Sandy!! Student teaching is taking up A LOT of my time! I'd buy a tut for someone else, but I don't know anyone else really that does lampwork. I'll have to think about it and see if I can come up with someone to buy it for!

I'll try to give you a call sometime soon! I miss you. If you're around, I'll try to come to the chatroom tonight too. I wanna show you some things I've been doing.
Dee, What a pretty little vessel. Yeah you can use a blow pipe. I't a little different method but I've seen this tut used that way and they turned out beautiful! Can't wait to see your's from the tut!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deesigned Beads View Post
Ok, I am back! WOW. There is just so much info that I can use! Sandy, I do not have tube, but I do have some blow pipes, and I will try this out, with a blow pipe,, OK, I do not want to give out too much info. But I guess you understand what I am saying!

I did my first blown vessel the other day, but there is now way that I could ever decorate it.
Diana
Aww! Thank you so much Michelle... Hey, It's rule you have to share photos' around here, especially if they are going to be gifts.. hehe..

You can get your corks for here CORKS

I love their rubber stoppers. They are really nice and you can drill the centers to put a glass stopper on. Just leave a tail on the glass stopper and slide the tail in the drilled hole. Add a drop of rubber cement before you slide it in and it will stay put. It really dresses them up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDoorBeads View Post
wow I too went to your gallery your work is amazing!!!!!! I can not wait to get to work. I have not been on the torch in a couple of days. First I am going to make some raspberricello (like limoncello) I need to get to work on xmas presents. I am making desk sets for DH's Boss and Secretary, Vessel necklaces (using your tut!!!!!!) with a small (teeeny) lock of baby hair for each of my sisters, and a plaque that has a raised design showing love so my grandmother can "feel" the picture she recently lost her sight and is devastated so she won't have to "look" at this just "feel" it. I hope to post pics here once I get started on the vessels. By the way where can you buy corks to stop them up? I don't know if that info is in the tut and I can't read the tut yet on my comp cuz it won't let download acrobat but DH is printing it out for me and binding it!!!!!!! Thank you again and I think that you a truly gifted person and artist!!!!!!
Old 2008-11-02, 5:14pm

Thank you so much for the tip. I will definitely post pics!!!!! I love being able to embellish so the glass top idea is great!!!!!!! I will get torch time probably tomorrow to start the PPP!!!!!!! Have a great night!!!!!
TTFN

Old 2008-11-02, 6:03pm

I Sooooo want to learn this, but it will have to wait til I get better at making beads!! I am so new, and I want to be able to make the gorgeous beads and vessels you all do I can taste it!
Old 2008-11-03, 6:28am
Janell

Default Secret Santa

Hello, Im sitting here crying my eyes out because a secret santa sent me the pleated tutorial. I am so thankful to this person who ever you are this is so amazing. I never ask anyone for anything and it was very hard to send Sandy a message but I thought it would help me mentally alot. Im the type of person who never asks for anything and tries to help people as much as I can.
I have had the worst year of my life with being sick and financial problems. Things are looking better with my health but I still take it day to day. The financial probems havent improved much but at least we have a roof over our heads and my husband still has his job. The hardest part is he is gone every week out of town for his work and this week he left yesterday and wont be back until Nov 12. This is very hard on me because the family is so far away and my friends live a pretty good distance also.
I didnt mean to go on but I know this will make my week so much better and get me back on the torch with something new to work on.
I thank you all from the bottom of my heart and thank you for listening.

Sandy is the most amazing sweetest person for doing this and so are all of you.
Merry Christmas
Janell

[url]
Old 2008-11-03, 8:37am
Tonbodama Murrini maker

Sandy,

You are so kind to do this!
Love the tutorial will try it out soon and post some pics.

Okey my wish list:

#1: Jim moore Deep lentil tool

#2: Lortone tumbling kit

#3: Jim moore D2 Cup Shear

#4: Silver 2020 Phillips Extreme Glass-Working Safety Glasses - Green ACE IR 5.0

Thanks again!!

Chrissy

Currently on a Knight Bullet and 2 oxycons and tanked oxy

|
|
|
|
|
|
Old 2008-11-03, 9:10am
See my quote!!

Sandy, I think what you are doing is fantastic!!

My Wish List:

1. GTT Cricket

2. Momka's Violet Hue

3. GA's Fuschia Fantasy

Thanks again Sandy, today has been a blessed day.

Mich

“The greatest part of our happiness depends on our dispositions not our circumstances”. - Martha Washington

Old 2008-11-03, 9:22am

Chrissy and Michelle, I've got you both in the Christmas List database now. Just want to let you know.
Everyone is listed that has posted their wish List..
BTW~ GREAT LISTS YA'LL!!

Last edited by slcuniques; 2008-11-03 at 2:03pm.
Old 2008-11-03, 10:45am
Tonbodama Murrini maker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellyD View Post
Sandy, I think what you are doing is fantastic!!

My Wish List:

1. GTT Cricket

2. Momka's Violet Hue

3. GA's Fuschia Fantasy

Thanks again Sandy, today has been a blessed day.

Mich
hmmmm Mich, your # 2 and 3 are great! STill have those on my wishlist too. ( not on this wishlist )

Currently on a Knight Bullet and 2 oxycons and tanked oxy

|
|
|
|
|
|
Old 2008-11-03, 8:35pm
Is it May yet?

Ooh, I want this tut! Will have to wait and see if I can swing it this next payday. I love making vessels, but have trouble with much more than 'plain' as I am afraid to decorate them because I don't wanna melt em!

For some, confusion is not a state of mind, but a way of life
Old 2008-11-03, 8:54pm
The Torch Be With You

Sandy, what a fantastic tutorial! I'm brand new at this and loving it.

My wish list is simply "surprise me"! I love surprises!

Thanks so much for your Holiday Spirit!

Merry Christmas!
Charlie
Old 2008-11-03, 9:10pm

Well, I've got one with your name on it when you're ready.. *snort* LOL . You'll enjoy it.. Well, I hope you will. I think you'll find it to be pretty easy too. I've seen some outstanding vessels made with it..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venessa View Post
Ooh, I want this tut! Will have to wait and see if I can swing it this next payday. I love making vessels, but have trouble with much more than 'plain' as I am afraid to decorate them because I don't wanna melt em!
Oh you're too easy, but I like it.. You sure you don't want to make a list?
Thanks for the tut compliment Charlie.. I'm still stumbling over the "surprise me" Christmas Wish.. LOLOLOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCharlie View Post
Sandy, what a fantastic tutorial! I'm brand new at this and loving it.

My wish list is simply "surprise me"! I love surprises!

Thanks so much for your Holiday Spirit!

Merry Christmas!
Charlie
Old 2008-11-04, 4:06pm

Okay Chrissy your list rocks lil sis!!!!!! I have just realized that I need a few more items before I can start on this so I will be ready to go by next week until then I will check back for pics and drool!!!!!!

Old 2008-11-05, 12:56am
See my quote!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissy View Post
hmmmm Mich, your # 2 and 3 are great! STill have those on my wishlist too. ( not on this wishlist )
Thank you Chrissy. Yours in a great list too. I'm too scared to go and look at those Jime Moore tools. I might just want one

“The greatest part of our happiness depends on our dispositions not our circumstances”. - Martha Washington

Old 2008-11-05, 9:30am

Oh, Jims tools are niiiiice!! Go look, Michelle! hehe..
Old 2008-11-09, 4:12pm

Let's see whatcha got in the way of vessels with this tut y'all! I'm waiting to see... *smile*
Anyone making any for Christmas presents? I've made several for all the ladies in my family and circle of friends and filled a couple with locks of their kids hair, a few with my EO's and one of my aunts has a dog that passed away last year and I put one of her puppy's baby teeth in it. Odd request but it works. My grandmothers sister ask me to put a pinch of her late husbands ashes in hers and seal the cork. So many ideas!
What are you doing with yours?
Old 2008-11-09, 9:25pm

Hi Sandy,
I have been wanting this tut for some time. I bought two, one for me and a s.s. recipient and waiting patiently......
Looks great can't wait to play with the info tomorrow.
Heres my list;

1.Creation station
2. Blast shield for the red max
3. 2' infinite rim marble mold
4. essential boro bead making dvd
5. Boro rods (I have not much so any is good!)
Thank You Sandy..Merry Xmas!

laughter is the best medicicine but if your laughing with no reason you need medicine!

Old 2008-11-12, 2:04pm

Thank you Miss Robin, I have your wish list entered. Good luck sweetie!

Last edited by slcuniques; 2008-11-12 at 2:14pm.
Old 2008-11-12, 9:31pm

Thanks Sandy,
I am having a ball with the tutorial and so much helpful info.
Sorry nothing to show yet but still soo fun .Thanks so much!

laughter is the best medicicine but if your laughing with no reason you need medicine!

Old 2008-11-15, 7:59am
Is it May yet?

Just bought mine!!!

My wish list:

Cricket torch
Metallic Black glass
Creation Station
Large SSL press from Zoozii
Tumbler

For some, confusion is not a state of mind, but a way of life
Old 2008-11-15, 8:21pm

Woohoo Robin, I can hardly wait to see what you make girl! Show em as soon as you got em, Ok? I'm really looking forward to it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robinsglass View Post
Thanks Sandy,
I am having a ball with the tutorial and so much helpful info.
Sorry nothing to show yet but still soo fun .Thanks so much!

Gotcha on the list Venessa!! Great Wish list BTW!! I love all these lists. They are giving ME ideas too!! hehehe.. See there. There is something in it for me after all. I was having a fit trying to tell DH what I want for Christmas.. I didn't have a clue and he has been getting frustrated with me because I can't tell him what I want.. I have some ideas now!
Thanks everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venessa View Post
Just bought mine!!!

My wish list:

Cricket torch
Metallic Black glass
Creation Station
Large SSL press from Zoozii
Tumbler
Old 2008-11-20, 8:30am
Master Procrastinator

I just wanted to post so that you don't think I'm ungrateful. Since my last post my MIL in FL was hospitalized going on 2 weeks now, in ICU since the weekend. I'm still trying to talk FIL into letting me come down to help him. I don't want DH to go cause he's still getting back on his feet after his recent hospitalization. And now one of my close friends was diagnosed with breast cancer.

So somehow torching is the last thing on my mind. I think when I do get back to it, mindless stuff that comes easily will have to do for the time being. I'm having trouble enough concentrating lately. Anyway, don't mean to whine or bring everyone down. I just hate that Pam was so generous in buying the tute for me & I haven't done anything with it. Please know how much I do appreciate it & it puts a smile on my face every time I think of your generosity.

Old 2008-11-20, 5:13pm
Master Procrastinator

Hey Pam,
She's in Delray. Not sure of the hospital. DH has the info. She showed signs of some improvement. Her kidney function has returned, thank goodness, but she has pneumonia & we all know how dangerous that can be for someone her age (80). Thanks for the prayers & everything. I see you're in FL as well. Whereabouts?

Old 2008-11-22, 9:27pm
HelenC

Smile Just bought mine

Hi Sandy

I just bought your tut and look forward to trying it out.

My wish list would be

1) Catwalk grooved marver 2.5x5"
2) Zooziis Round knob press kit
3) Zooziis charm box press
4) Bearfoot art 4" hand stabilizer pair

Thanks for sharing your knowledge and generous spirit.

Regards
Helen
Old 2008-11-25, 12:37pm
Glassy Broad :-)

I just (finally) purchased your tut Sandy, and OMG!! I cannot WAIT to try this out! (is it here yet?? how about now?) LOL!!! I wouldn't know what to wish for, hehehe!! but a REAL torch might be nice! I am on a HH but have the oxy hoses, regulator etc. for a "real" torch. I'll never get rid of my HH, but it would be awesome to have a torch to work boro...after all, I have something like 600 dichroic images that need to be worked! (is it here yet?? how about now??)

so I guess here is my list...

1) some kind of good oxy torch
2) any silvered glass
3)Brass marvering tools
4) new Lauscha clear...LOTS! hehehe

Merry Christmas everyone!!!! I know I'm going to learn a TON from this tut!!! (how about now????)
Nita

Missing my Mini cc & two oxy cons!

The difference between Try, and Triumph, is a little Umph!
Old 2008-11-25, 1:01pm

ha ha!! Ok Nita, You should have it NOW.. LOL

I dbl checked and I have everyone on the list for the drawing, right up to Nita..
Good Luck everyone and have a fantastic Turkey Day. We are leaving Tomorrow for Dallas so I won't be back until Sunday. I'll announce the winner shortly after that...

EAT SOME OF EVERYTHiNG IN SITE , Thursday! I plan to! rofl.. YUMMY!
Old 2008-11-25, 5:02pm
Wait.....what?

Oooo - this tut is on my list of ones to buy when my budget eases up.

Old 2008-11-25, 5:54pm
pamtees

Quote:
Originally Posted by slcuniques View Post
ha ha!! Ok Nita, You should have it NOW.. LOL

I dbl checked and I have everyone on the list for the drawing, right up to Nita..
Good Luck everyone and have a fantastic Turkey Day. We are leaving Tomorrow for Dallas so I won't be back until Sunday. I'll announce the winner shortly after that...

EAT SOME OF EVERYTHiNG IN SITE , Thursday! I plan to! rofl.. YUMMY!

Have a safe journey Sandy and a very Happy Thanksgiving!