Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions > Torch Questions

Old 2010-09-18, 9:58pm
I'm meeeeelting

Kimberly, do you know how much difference a second Regalia make for running a Barracuda?

Foot Pedal Tutorial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Kevlar Fingerless Gloves:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2010-09-20, 1:43pm
PyronamixK

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyuno View Post
Kimberly, do you know how much difference a second Regalia make for running a Barracuda?
It makes a substantial difference. Basically, with two, you are able to feed it twice as much and it can eat that much and more. So, there is a marked improvement.

I don't have a video made of it to compare to my current video, but I took measurements and still pictures (sadly, not very good pictures) back in my old set-up comparing the performance on one machine to the performance on two machines and there was a difference.

Basically, the width of the flame does not change much. The amount of drive and heat you can get out of the flame does.

Barracuda (centerfire and outerfire)
candle length: 0.350"
shoulder width: 1.350"
flame length: 12"

Barracuda (centerfire and outerfire) on a Regalia and an Integra10 (the same output as two Regalias)
candle length: 0.575"
shoulder width: 1.500"
flame length: 17"

In my video, we may or may not have been running a more aggressive flame on 10 LPM than we did back when I reported measurements, I may have had my propane pressure set lower or higher, and I also had a different set-up back then (I have since moved). Things like the pull from you ventilation and altitude affect the shape of your flame.

So when you are comparing measurements, compare the two sets of measurements taken from the same set-up with each other, not the measurements on one set-up to measurements from another set-up.

At any rate, there are people on this board who are running their Barracudas on two Regalias. Maybe they can chime in and give their opinion if they see this.
Old 2010-09-20, 1:57pm
PyronamixK

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittypat View Post
Ok, Kimberly,,,it is time to do the megaminor, please??????????? I am running on a Devilbiss5, am looking for more for Christmas present! Have been looking at prices, that is for sure. I would like to do larger creatures and some boro.
Thanks, Pat
It is definitely on my list to do. I will likely run the Mega Minor an a Regalia set to 5 LPM, since I do not have a DeVilbiss on hand and they have similar psi output.
Old 2010-09-20, 5:59pm
I'm meeeeelting

Thanks, Kimberly. I think I'll take some measurements of my current set-up to see how it compares to this.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Kevlar Fingerless Gloves:
Old 2010-11-08, 4:33pm
Ishum Designs

Default Invacare Platinum and a Cricket?

Any thoughts on how well this set up would work? It is what I am looking into. The Invacare is a 5 lpm machine.
Old 2010-11-08, 4:45pm
PyronamixK

It does great if you want to make small soft glass beads - like 1" or less - and small boro.