Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Tutorials to purchase

Old 2008-10-01, 7:34pm
Mary Lockwood

That's great Jenny!!

Have fun and please share your results...I'd love to see 'em.

~~Mary

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2008-10-07, 2:15pm
Catalina Glass

Default New tutorial

Wow! this is the very best tutorial I have purchased so far!! Thanks Mary for all the tips and close-up pictures. I know I'll be busy trying all your ideas. And it's great for those hot days I want to work at the torch but not start up the kiln. Murrinis have so much creative potential!
Sharon

Sharon -using a minor, propane and oxycon
[

Old 2008-10-09, 10:42am
Mary Lockwood

Thank you, Sharon...what a great compliment! Hope you are enjoying working with it.

Love your signature line picture. Makes me want to go on vacation!
~~Mary

Old 2008-10-10, 1:04am
I know, I can't spell

You mentioned that you had originally wanted to put in 14 different canes, but only put in 9. Well call me a begger but I would love to see and purchase the other 5.

I love the tutorial.

Soon new stuff
Old 2008-10-10, 5:37am
Mary Lockwood

Thanks Aleina!

Actually, It has been my goal all along to be sure to put up one free tutorial on my site for every one I make for purchase. I sold the jellyfish tutorial and put up the free murrini tutorial. I sold the canes tutorial and put up the free glass post stand tutorial.

My next tutorial will be the sculpturals one (which is in the works right now), and I will probably use one of the 'edited out' canes as the free tutorial on my site. Did you have a specific request for a cane and I'll know which one to put up first?

~~Mar

Old 2008-10-27, 10:27am
birdergirl ~o~

Thanks Mary !
Beautiful clear tut, thanks for sharing, I have no place to take classes up here in Maine!
Tutorials are a great alternative for me.

~raised by wolves~sleeps with foxes~cooks for crows~feeds the bears~scrabbles with squids~antisymmetrical~politically agnostic.

Torchering glass since spring '06~ gold cricket & oxycon!~
Old 2008-10-27, 10:31am
Sharon

I got mine a few days ago and I LOVE LOVE IT!!!!!!

It has already REALLY helped my twistie pulling technique. I was making some yesterday and my spouse was sitting in the shop with me working on his chainsaw and he was really impressed with what I had learned.

Today I plan on getting a "rod warmer" set up (aka old toaster oven lol) so i can try the canes using the filigriana

THANK YOU so much Mary~!!!!!!
Old 2008-10-27, 10:37am
Mary Lockwood

That's great, Sharon! Glad you are having fun with it and I hope your toaster oven warmer works out great.

Thanks for letting me know you're happy.

~~Mary

Old 2009-01-02, 8:08pm

Quite possibly the BEST tutorial EVER if you've ever wanted to know "just how those pretty canes are made"
(and I did!)
all the fancy stripeys are in here, the laticework, the zanfirico, the spirals I couldn't, for the life of me figure out, everything! It's FANTASTIC! So simple, it even made sense to ME!!
Now I just need to get some time on the torch to PPP

new purple cricket @ home! minicc @ playing with fire in rockland! Sue & Nikki fighting over who gets to anneal the wonkies
Old 2009-01-02, 8:12pm
Crazy Snake Lady

Great techniques in this one.
Old 2009-01-02, 8:13pm
She's Back & Burnin'

I do love your, very nice