Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions > Torch Questions

Old 2009-07-13, 9:50am
Type ZZZ personality

I'm just wondering why everything was fine for so long and now I'm having this problem.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Lynx with 2 5-lpm oxycons
Old 2009-07-13, 2:40pm
Resident Luny

Fascinating, Kelly. My only wonder is my torch is VERY new, I have used it less than 10 times so far, and it started out that way, but who knows! I have left the propane valve totally open a few times, I know cause when I open the tank valve and set the pressure, I can hear it coming out the torch on the other side of the room, oops! But I will still pay attention to that. If it doesn't go away maybe I'll write GTT at that point. Thanks!

- artisan lampwork beads, jewelry, and a little bit of rock n' roll.

Be kind to one another. The world needs it more than ever.
Old 2009-07-21, 6:29am
Just at the begining

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunesse View Post
So a long time ago on my minor, I had the "breathing." I run two concentrators and upped it to 10 and it worked great.

Now I am on a lynx with the same two concentrators and I still have it at 10. It slowly, slowly, slowly runs out of propane over time. I keep having to open up the red valve more and more. No fluctuation, just a very slow decrease. Anyone know what THAT is about?
This is a common problem with single stage regulators, the only way I know to fix this is by going to a 2 stage regulator, or going to larger propane tank. What happens is the inlet pressure to the regulator drops as the tank is used causing a drop at the outlet, so you have to keep adjusting your working pressure. A 2 stage regulator uses 2 chambers to drop the pressure, and keeps your working pressure more constant. The down side is they are more expensive.
single

2 stage

Last edited by JoeDeM; 2009-07-21 at 6:32am.
Old 2009-07-22, 9:04am
Resident Luny

wow. Thanks! JoeDeM! That is really great info, and definitely must be my problem, I have tried letting the torch sit open after it is bled for the night, and it still sssslllllooooooooooowwwwwwwwwly gets a smaller and smaller flame.

- artisan lampwork beads, jewelry, and a little bit of rock n' roll.

Be kind to one another. The world needs it more than ever.