Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Tutorials to purchase

Old 2010-04-22, 7:51pm
Mary Lockwood

Default Encasing Boot Camp Tutorial

Based on my weekend workshop, this tutorial is over 7MB of knuckle-down encasing know-how.

23 pages, 100 full color images. 7 Techniques and countless tips. Trouble shooter. Gallery.

Introductory price on Etsy- $15 until May 1st!

You can click here to purchase in my shop!

Click here for supplies list and first 2 pages.

This is my biggest tutorial so far!

Thanks for looking.
~~Mary
marylockwood.com

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Moth; 2013-02-05 at 10:27am.
Old 2010-04-23, 3:04am
Knob Creek Glass

Oooh@ Ordered mine. Thank you Mary.
Old 2010-04-23, 3:20am

This must be in the "need to have" categori
Will order mine in a sec....

R#115
Old 2010-04-23, 6:29am
Mary Lockwood

Thanks you guys. I hope you enjoy it. I worked hard on it and I'm excited about it.

It's not a flashy trendy single bead tutorial, but I think it's an important skill builder. Once you can consistently encase well, it opens all kinds of doors and learning to encase will teach you more about heat control than anything else I've ever done.

Rock on!

~~Mary

Old 2010-04-23, 8:43am

Mary, Got mine and it's helped already, a great tuturial, Thanks
Old 2010-04-23, 10:17am
MacGalver

Looks fantastic!

Jo

Old 2010-04-23, 12:06pm

I love the way you explain things. I've found this really helpful.
Old 2010-04-23, 1:08pm

Hi Mary
Did you send me a copy yet? It´s not in the inbox nor in the spamfilter.

R#115
Old 2010-04-25, 10:12pm
I speak Murrini!

Just ordered! I must have mis-read this the first time round...I thought it was a "coming soon" tutorial but boy oh boy, I'm so thrilled to have it available NOW! Yippee...can't wait to check it out!

Hugs to you!
De

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro
Old 2010-04-25, 10:23pm
Burning Fingers!

Just ordered mine too - I really need this! Thanks Mary.

/
/
/

Old 2010-04-25, 11:00pm

I still haven´t recieved mine... She´s not answearing my pm.
I hope she´s alright....

R#115
Old 2010-04-26, 2:58am

I just read the first three pages - nice and easy to understand - ordered mine!

Why don't cannibals eat clowns?
They taste funny!!
Old 2010-04-26, 3:42pm
I speak Murrini!

Got it...love it! Thanks Mary - it's awesome and covers so much!

De

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro
Old 2010-04-26, 7:27pm

All of Mary's tuts are "must haves" - loaded with tons of information on skill-building for all levels of beadmakers. BRAVO Mary on another great and thorough tut!
Old 2010-04-26, 7:29pm
Fiddle-dee-dee!

I love mine! Fantastic job!!!
Old 2010-04-26, 8:25pm
Hobby Junkie

Just ordered mine! I learned to encase by trial and error. My way works, but I'm sure there are easier ways and I'm eager to learn some!

Old 2010-04-27, 2:27pm

I love this tutorial! Thank you so much for all the time and effort you spent working on this one. I have learned so many new tips and tricks and have been using them already. I really appreciate this one so much.
Old 2010-04-27, 5:21pm
Mary Lockwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonerp View Post
I still haven´t recieved mine... She´s not answearing my pm.
I hope she´s alright....
Hi there! I answered your pm and re-delivered your tutorial a few hours after you posted this. I was out of town for 4 days and did all my tutorial deliveries with my nephew's laptop. LOL

I tried to sign in to LE, but couldn't remember by stupid password.

My husband was running in the 'Glass City' (aka Toledo) 1/2 marathon over the weekend and we all went with him in support. My sister in law ran it too. It was a Lockwood exodus from the east side of the state to the west. LOL

Anyway, hubby made his personal best time on the 13.24 mile run. We had a blast and now we're home.

Glad to see all the good input on the encasing tutorial. Hope it is helpful to lots of people. I have to admit- the encasing boot camp workshop always gave the most groans and whining...but at the end when people were pulling successfully encased beads out of the kilns---whew. Nobody ever lynched me after one of these classes. LOL

Encasing isn't fun (at least I don't think it is LOL)...it's just something we gotta do in certain cases so we might as well do it as best we can. Nothing worse than working on a complex floral for an hour and then messing up the encasement and ruining all that hard work...ugh...and don't even get me started on the aquarium beads.

Anyway, thanks for purchasing this tutorial and letting me know what you think. Best of luck with it.

~~Mary

Old 2010-04-28, 6:46am

I got it. Thank you Mary.
I just had time to read it once and I can already tell, that it is going to be very helpfull. I love the very clear and informative pictures in this tutorial.
Thank you. Great work.

R#115
Old 2010-04-28, 10:28am
Mary Lockwood

Yay! I knew we would work it out eventually. Thanks for picking up a copy and have fun working with it.

Old 2010-04-28, 10:59am
Know-it-all Megalomaniac

Wow, that looks wicked cool!

Get your copy of the new Lampwork Etc. Tutorials and Tips Book

Old 2010-04-30, 4:53am
Mary Lockwood

Thanks, Karen!

Old 2010-05-03, 2:54pm

Mary, your tutorials rock. Just purchased. Thanks for all the good work.
Old 2010-05-03, 4:08pm

I just purchased one too. I have seen several tutorials I would like to purchase but this one is what I need to have BEFORE I start buying the other ones lol. I think this will be a huge help more, I can do encasing, but its made up of bits and pieces I have picked up here and there so I am excited to have all of the information in one place.

Old 2010-05-04, 9:09am
Mary Lockwood

Thanks you guys. Hope it helps.

~~Mary

Old 2010-05-04, 2:32pm

Just downloaded and printed it, it looks awesome! I am sure this will go a long way to furthering my encasing skills!

Old 2010-05-09, 6:47pm
What was I thinking?

I highly recommend this tutorial! I used several bits of advice from it just today with great results. Nice job, Mary!!!!

Old 2010-05-09, 8:44pm
Glassy Broad :-)

On the wish list
I have several of your tutorials Mary, and ALL of the freebies of course! What a wonderful inspiration and teacher you are to all of us newbies and some of the not-so-newbies too!!!
Looks good, Congrats!
Nita

Missing my Mini cc & two oxy cons!

The difference between Try, and Triumph, is a little Umph!
Old 2010-05-10, 10:36am
Miles from nowhere...

I found lots of good information and tips in here. Nice job Mary!

Kate

Old 2010-05-19, 10:26am
Kisel

This is an awesome tutorial and I highly recommend it! I read through it once and had a very successful session at the torch . . . Thank you so much!