No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Tutorials to purchase

Old 2010-09-23, 1:34pm
MacGalver

Here's some inspiration!

http://lampworketc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=164417

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2010-10-01, 10:23pm
MacGalver

Thanks everybody for your continued interest ~ all orders from this week have been completed! If you have not received your download link, please let me know.

Jo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2010-10-02, 1:50am
Cat Winx

Jo.. I have had the best time putting these together and my dreams and all my *down* time waking hours (those that I have to stay put because of my back injury) are taken up with more joy and enthusiasm than I have experienced in longer than I can remember just thinking about all of the possibilities.

For now I only have standard shapes but I am not that worried about it as, to me, they represent little canvases which give me th opportunity to create whatever my mind and heart should choose to manifest!

I'm a little afeared of the learning curve I am sure is involved but I am intrinsically stubborn so, even that is a call to action.

I can hardly stand that I haven't had time to torch in longer than I can remember.. but these cab mandrels are going to get a serious workout and I will keep at it until I can create my visions on those tiny little palettes!!!

Thank you so much (again) for creating this tutorial.. it's got me all on fire (you know.. safely an stuff.. lol)

{{{{{}}}}}

~Rachel

Old 2010-10-03, 11:56am
MacGalver

Thanks Rachel~

I'm really glad the cab mandrel tut is opening up different areas of expression for you! The biggest key to success with the cab mandrels is keeping the glass warm, and making sure the cab remains firmly seated on the mandrel. The step-by-step in the tut will really help with that ~ and decorating a cab is different from decorating a bead, of course but that is half the fun of discovering and exploring a new pallette for your creativity!

thanks for your enthusiasm ~

Jo

Old 2010-10-06, 5:47am
Katherine

Ok I have just ordered Jo's can mandrel tut and and very excited to receive it and start the process. I would love to see any pictures of what others have made. Anyone want to share?

Old 2010-10-07, 5:54pm

Default Best Ever!

This tutorial is really packed with good information. Easily the best tutorial I've ever purchased!!!
Old 2010-10-08, 7:58pm
MacGalver

Aw, thanks! I'm so glad eveyrone is enjoying the tut~

Jo

Old 2010-10-08, 10:16pm
Glass-A-Holic ^..^

Wow! What a nice tutorial. I highly recommend this to anyone who wants to make cabs and the bezels for them. I can't wait to get the stuff to do this myself.

Alaina

Old 2010-10-08, 10:42pm
MacGalver

Thanks again, everybody ~ and don't forget to post your finished cabochons here:

Jo

Last edited by Frit Diva; 2010-10-08 at 10:54pm.
Old 2010-10-10, 6:39pm
MacGalver

All orders from this weekend have been sent ~ if you have not received yours, please let me know! Please contact me if you have any questions about the tut.

thanks,

Jo

Old 2010-10-10, 7:58pm
Bead Geek!

I'm putting this on my list....lets see...when is payday?
Definately my next tut purchase for sure. I've been wanting to study many of the topics addressed in it for a long time, and seeing them all gathered in one place is very enticing.
Prax

You must do the things you think you cannot do.
Eleanor Roosevelt

-my blog (Don't be scared-go visit!)
Old 2010-10-20, 7:17pm
MacGalver

Thanks everybody for your continued interest and kind comments. All paid orders have been sent ~ if you have not received your download link, please let me know!

Old 2010-10-27, 10:07am
MacGalver

All orders are up-to-date ~ if you haven't received yours, please let me know.... and if you have any comments or questions, feel free to PM me!

Jo

Old 2010-10-29, 4:04pm

This tut is awesome!!!! I cann't wait to make some . This tut is has alot in information. Jo ,you are great for sharing this. You sure will save me $$.
Janet
Old 2010-10-29, 4:35pm

Well I've taken my sweet time to review this tutorial and for a very good reason, it's bloody massive!
So much info for my little brain took time to sink in.

I really do highly recommend this tut, it is so adaptable to any cab shape or size you could ever need.

Get this tut, it will open up whole new areas of glass and jewellery making for you and the materials are cheap and readily available.

Another ingenious tutorial from Jo and along with her button making tutorial an essential buy.

Rob.
Old 2010-10-29, 10:39pm
Cat Winx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbo View Post
Well I've taken my sweet time to review this tutorial and for a very good reason, it's bloody massive!
So much info for my little brain took time to sink in.

I really do highly recommend this tut, it is so adaptable to any cab shape or size you could ever need.

Get this tut, it will open up whole new areas of glass and jewellery making for you and the materials are cheap and readily available.

Another ingenious tutorial from Jo and along with her button making tutorial an essential buy.

Rob.
Rob.. I agree wholeheartedly! Isn't it amazing?
I can honestly say it is far and away the most bang for my buck I've gotten from any tutorial I've bought (and that would be quite few now.. even though I'm a pauper ;}
I have had the *best* time assembling the parts and pieces and am amazed at how adaptable and extensive are the choices I've got in cab mandrels after having read this tutorial. Not to mention I've now got the coolest assortment of cab mandrels to play with (when I find the time.. lol).
And Jo has been amazing too.. she's gone far and beyond the support and help I would expect from anyone who'd put out this type of information. All my questions.. ideas.. everything.. she's been incredibly patient and helpful on every level.
I cannot recommend it (or Jo) highly enough!

~Rachel
P.S. Oh.. and by the way.. I forgot to mention that I am a metal fabricator.. I could fab and weld any mandrel I please... Jo's way is MUCH cooler!!!

Last edited by ElementalsDesign; 2010-10-29 at 10:41pm. Reason: forgot something important.. :}
Old 2010-10-30, 7:53pm
MacGalver

Wow, thank you so much for your comments, everyone! You guys really made my day with your positive reviews. I'm so thrilled that everyone is finding the tutorial useful and easy to do. If anyone has any specific questions that aren't being answered, please feel free to PM me!

Jo

Old 2010-10-31, 11:34am
MacGalver

p.s. All tutorial orders from this weekend have been sent ~ if you have not received yours, please let me know!

Jo

Old 2010-11-05, 10:23pm
MacGalver

Everybody please remember to post your cabs in the Cabochon thread in the Gallery:

And please feel free to PM me with any questions. Thanks again for your kind comments and your support!

Jo

Old 2010-12-11, 1:19pm
MacGalver

Don't forget~ one more week for the 30% LE Holiday discount on either of my tutorials! This applies only to orders placed through email, my website or PM here at LE. Ask for the LE holiday discount to receive 30% either title until Dec. 19.

Check them out here:

http://jorebeka.com/mandrelsystem.html

and

http://jorebeka.com/

Thanks!

Jo

Old 2011-01-19, 8:41am
MacGalver

Check out my Etsy shop for a killer deal if you buy both tutorials!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/grrlartist

Jo

Old 2011-03-02, 1:49pm
MacGalver

Nice to know people are still reading and enjoying this tut ~ thanks everybody!

Jo

Old 2011-03-02, 7:05pm
Peerless Thread Killer

I received the tutorial (thanks, Jo!) and have read it through once. I need to read it again. It's very well written and I think I'll be able to make some cab mandrels soon. I've been making cabs on some cab mandrels I already had, and they have become addicting!
Now that I can make my own mandrels, I'm very excited!
Thanks again, Jo!

Old 2011-04-17, 10:22pm
MacGalver

Thanks Nina! If anybody has questions or comments on this tut, please feel free to contact me!

Jo

Old 2011-08-28, 7:34am

Definitely one of the most well organized, well written and well illustrated tutorials that I have purchased - and I have purchased a great many. It has all the information, suggestions, resources and tips that I needed to make my own cabochon mandrels and much more. I'm not making buttons right now but if I ever do, I will purchase your button tutorial immediately.
Old 2011-08-28, 11:28pm
Cat Winx

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilySteele View Post
Definitely one of the most well organized, well written and well illustrated tutorials that I have purchased - and I have purchased a great many. It has all the information, suggestions, resources and tips that I needed to make my own cabochon mandrels and much more. I'm not making buttons right now but if I ever do, I will purchase your button tutorial immediately.
I agree SO wholeheartedly...

..have NEVER purchased a tutorial with more info evah! <twothumbsup>

~Rachel

Old 2011-08-29, 11:19am
MacGalver

Oh thanks so much you guys! I'm really happy the cab tutorial has been helpful to so many people....

Jo

Old 2011-11-02, 3:52pm
MacGalver

Not sure why, but I've had a little rush of orders for the cab mandrel tutorial this week, and just want to say thanks to everyone who has purchased! If you have any questions or comments about the tutorial (even if you purchased it a year ago), please feel free to PM me or send an email, I'm here to help....

Jo

Old 2011-11-02, 6:36pm
Cat Winx

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frit Diva View Post
Not sure why, but I've had a little rush of orders for the cab mandrel tutorial this week, and just want to say thanks to everyone who has purchased! If you have any questions or comments about the tutorial (even if you purchased it a year ago), please feel free to PM me or send an email, I'm here to help....

Jo
She's not kidding either.. I this tutorial.. and, Jo, you have gone far and beyond in helping me find the parts I wasn't web savvy enough to locate.

Thanks again... even though I am a metal fabricator, I like your way better!

~Rachel

Old 2011-11-02, 7:09pm
MacGalver

Thanks Rachel!

Jo