Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions > Torch Questions

Old 2011-08-10, 6:12pm
And silence is golden

Hey if it boils down to needing a new oxycon, perhaps you could run another tutorial sale. I haven't had a chance to play with the ones that I bought from you the last time that you held a sale. I am so looking forward to trying all of my tutorials out one of these days.
Old 2011-08-10, 6:17pm
Detail G-Mama!

Well I am running a 20% off sale on everything in my Etsy shop till Aug. 31st!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2011-08-11, 12:28am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anne Ricketts View Post
How do you know if it's air or oxy blowing?
By looking at your flame... if it does what's in the pic, it's air coming out Helpful, isn't it !

Sea Rocks Tutorial
- Ebook
- Follow me on
- My
shop
Old 2011-08-11, 5:24am

Anne, I sure hope that you can get it fixed today. I will be thinking about you and checking in later. Sending good torch vibes!
Stef

Old 2011-08-11, 12:24pm
Detail G-Mama!

Well it's the concentrator!! Crap!! Linda left one of hers with me till I can get another one! I'm so glad I finally got to meet my hero!!! She really is a doll!!! Thank you again Linda!!

Old 2011-08-11, 1:20pm

My torch has been doing the same thing. It started a couple of weeks ago when the humidity got high up here. I'm really sorry you're dealing with this problem, too, Anne, but i'm glad this thread is here. Now I know it is the concentrators. Is it possible for the problem to arise from running, say a DeVilbiss, in humidity? If so, can the moisture eventually escape from the system, or do parts need to be replaced that that point?

Concentrators can be fixed, right? I mean, many of us have concentrators that were refurbished before we got them. I wonder if there are local technicians that can do that if we don't have an oxygen prescription. What has people's experience been with that? Shipping on these is just so crazy.

Old 2011-08-11, 5:34pm
Still Missing You

Julie, before you start sending your concentrator off for a physical, is there someone in your area you could borrow an oxycon from to make certain that is your problem? Easier to figure out what is going on if you have a working piece to test on.

There are several places that do repair concentrators. Finding someone local to you may be more difficult though.

Anne, me lubs you and that new spiffy haircut that makes you look cute as a button! I am thrilled we were able to get you up and running again.

Now, hurry up and finish working 'cause I want you down here with that paint to attack my house. Folks, the green in her living room is soooo much more inviting in person. Her pictures did not do the room justice!

Off to fix dinner. Glad you are the one working tonight and not me Anne.
Old 2011-08-12, 5:33am
Detail G-Mama!

LOL! I'm glad you made it home safe and sound!! Fixin to go get set back up again, after the errands I ended up having to do when you left, the heat took everything outta me to go make beads yesterday! LOL! A fresh start today though, thank you again!!!