LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Tutorials to purchase

Old 2011-11-22, 2:03pm
da General

Wink Bedazzled! a reference ebook on layering Clio, Kalypso, and more!

Layering Double Helix striking and reducing silver glass is all the rage right now and I have been caught up in making these shocking pink, magenta and red beads that also shimmer gloriously with iridescence. It’s hard to resist! Trouble tho is that it’s near impossible to tell them apart unless one takes meticulous notes and photograph them as soon as they come out of the kiln. Trust me, I know! So early on, I have made it a point to keep copious notes of my progress. As I experimented with different base glass and various silver glass, my notebook for just this series grew and became quite a nice little reference piece. I decide that perhaps some of my fellow beadmakers may be interested in having a copy as well. I have put it together in such a way that they are shown in different silver glass on the same base, as well as the same silver glass on various bases. I especially love the group shots for even closer scrutiny of the subtleties of these combinations. I hope you enjoy Bedazzled!

The last four pages of this ebook are for those of you who may want a mini poster or two around your torching area for a quick reference to the different color combinations. Actually, the entire eBook can be printed out as mini posters! The beads posted here were made with the same base color with various striking and reducing silver glass.

Bedazzled eBook is 17 pages long with over 75 unique images. It is not a step-by-step tutorial on creating any bead but a reference guide on the various layering recipes to achieve the HOT, HOT, HOT colors that bedazzle! For those who are not familiar with the layering technique, a two-page basic tutorial with basic sample dot beads is included.

Bedazzled is available for $23 at our online store!
http://shop.envisionsf.com/category/ebook-and-tutorials

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
|

Last edited by Hayley; 2011-12-01 at 12:43pm.
Old 2011-11-22, 4:40pm
Meet Molly

Oh Hayley, how I'm issing out. You see, I bought your Bedazzled reference e-book already, Nov. 9. Since I had a birthday just a couple of days before Halloween, I received a little money. So I bought for myself your Bedazzled Tutorial (I didn't have enough for both tutorials) and a CG Beadroller- the small round ribbed graphite shaper.

You're amazing when it comes to test new & difficult colors and then relay all that information to us. I have your S1 and S3 Tutorials. I go back to them to refresh my memory.

Have a great sale! And for whoever loves pinkish fuscia colors and pinkish reddish-orange colors... Bedazzled- is a must. It shows you every bit of change in the pink's tones when applied to different color base glass. The combinations are endless. Wouldn't you say, Hayley?

Happy selling!!!
Neomi
Old 2011-11-23, 9:48pm

Just got the bundle - love it! Especially the Bedazzled section! Awesome information and thanks so much for sharing it in great detail Hayley! It would have taken me forever to compile my notes and photos in this manner and now I don't have to!!!! Plus I couldn't have even covered half the glass that you did. Your glass inventory must be amazing!

Facebook: Glass Lampwork beads and Jewelry by Chris Sanderson
Old 2011-11-26, 1:26pm
da General

Thank you for the kind words, Neomi and Chris! I am thrilled that you are enjoying the ebook.

|
|
|
|
Old 2011-11-26, 4:11pm
Angel's Mom

I got my bundle and printed it off last night. BEAUTIFUL!

I tried a few out, and they're cooling down in the kiln. Fingers crossed they look somewhat like Haley's beautiful work!

Life is short. Melt glass!
Old 2011-11-27, 7:51pm
Fried Cat

WAIT!!! OMG. Hayley, were you selling these large round beads at the masters showcase of the Bead&Button 2011?

If so I have a purple green one. I wear it on it's original ribbon all the time.

Edit to add: I know this isn't a tutorial for the bead, but I forgot where it came from. I'm excited to see it here.

Last edited by SGA; 2011-11-27 at 7:55pm.
Old 2011-11-28, 9:30am
da General

Kris - thank you! Love to see how your beads turn out so post some pics for us, please!

Shardi - yes, I was selling those giant-hole rings at the B&B Meet the Teachers venue so you must have picked one up from me! Thank YOU!

|
|
|
|
Old 2011-11-28, 9:43am
Fried Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayley View Post
Kris - thank you! Love to see how your beads turn out so post some pics for us, please!

Shardi - yes, I was selling those giant-hole rings at the B&B Meet the Teachers venue so you must have picked one up from me! Thank YOU!
It's so serendipitous, I have to say I'm truly thankful for this forum. For the last week I've been trying all variants of pink over orange and orange over pink, translucents and opaques in attempt to get this great peachy/watermelon color. As I was sitting at the torch I remembered a comment from Frank Scott at B&B (I was in his class this year). A little background: He was lecturing how we all need to discover our "niche" in the beading world to make it our own. He mentioned a few who were known for one thing or another.

Now here was where my color mixing and layering at the torch and this conversation came in. Frank mentioned one person was known for her mixing of colors and you won't duplicate any of her beads because she's fantastic about making her own palette. The name stuck because the next day I was wandering through the teacher's show and saw that same name (yours) I actually got up from the torch for a break at this point (a few days ago), went and took down my ring to roll it in my hand, staring at it and trying to contemplate how I could pull the shade of color up I was after. Even though it was green/purple it had the qualities of orange and pink I was after. (A planned goddess bead btw)

So I see this thread, I see that bead and OH MY GOSH!!! That's the color! And there's the artist!!! I hopped over to your blog and saw it was Clio Dark. So in one fell swoop, I discovered a jumping off point and re-discovered the name I've been trying to remember.

So just a fan's babble. There are some big names in the bead world and ya'll inspire us newbies every day.

Last edited by SGA; 2011-11-28 at 9:50am.
Old 2011-11-29, 9:29am
da General

Aw, Shardi, thank you for relating this story . . . you are making me blush! You sure made my day! I hope to see you again in Milwaukee in June.

|
|
|
|