Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions > Torch Questions

Old 2007-12-27, 3:09pm

Default Integra 10 oxygen concentrator...if you own one...

How do you like it?

I have an opportunity to buy a used Integra 10 oxygen concentrator from a local oxygen supply company. It's a 2001 model and puts out a minimum of 7 psi. It's in good working order per the oxygen company. THey said it hasn't been used much in the past because it's fairly heavy. This unit does not have a counter on it for hours of use, so they don't know but have assured me it's not very much.

They're asking $200.

No warranty with them, but they will refer me to the company that fixes their own concentrators. ANd they have the manual that comes with it.

I'm going to be using this on a Nortel Minor.

Although I'm trying to educate myself on all of these oxycons, and lpms and psis, can somebody tell me if this would be a good enough oxycon? I am only going to be using it for soft glass, not boro, but would like to make some good sized pendant beads 1-2" long. I want to be really happy with whichever concentrator that I buy, and don't want to wish I had more OOMPH in the flame.

Is there anything that I won't be able to do on this concentrator?

Edited to add that money/cost is an issue, and I'm considering this one, or a 5 lpm/7psi, or a 5 lpm/8.5 psi... but don't know which one would best meet my needs. Would the 10 lpm be better?

Any information is very much appreciated. Thank you!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Visit me here:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by JenniferP; 2007-12-27 at 3:12pm.
Old 2008-01-02, 11:45am

Default integra 10

I bought two of these at $1400 each several years ago. I use them "Y" together for my GTT Phantom. 1 would work great for the torch you want to use. I have never had a problem with them. $200 is a bargain!
Old 2008-01-02, 12:03pm
boro color bender

That's a heck of a deal, I'd scoop it up.

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2008-01-02, 12:12pm

That is an incredible price. I paid, well, let's just say I paid a heck of a lot more for mine.
If you are concerned about volume, it should be fine on a minor. I use mine with a Lynx, and it has plenty of O2.
Old 2008-01-04, 3:43pm

Thanks for your comments. I'm still debating, only because I was going to just stay on my hothead for a while, then make the switch when I had more $$. I might just get it, and keep it until I'm ready for a new torch...

Thanks again!!!

Visit me here:

Old 2008-01-04, 3:49pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

I would definitely get it and hold on to it until you are ready to use it!

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2008-01-04, 8:03pm

If I where you I would grab it up immediately. Do not wait. I have had one for 3 years now and is still running strong,

Lynn
Old 2008-01-08, 8:08am
Mummy to 3 Little Elves

I paid an arm and a leg for mine! Wow. What a deal. If you don't want it can I please have it?

Old 2008-01-08, 10:03am

Well, I bought it!

Now what? Can anybody tell me how to hook it up to the oxygen hose? Are there any special tools or parts that I need?

Thanks!

Visit me here:

Old 2008-01-08, 10:07am

Yeah!

In the picture of the Integra 10 in this link, there is a label on the front with an upward arrow.

http://www.oxymaster.net/shp.php?prid=1033&lgid=en

The arrow points to a connector. Screw the oxygen hose onto this connector and you are good to go. Couldn't be easier.
Old 2008-01-08, 1:07pm

Yes, there is a connector.

How do I screw on the hose? Do I need some sort of adaptor that screws into this connector on one end, and attaches to the hose on the other end?

Or do I just put the hose over the connector and clamp it on??

Visit me here:

Old 2008-01-08, 1:12pm

If the connectors have not been cut off your hoses, the hose should just screw right onto the concentrator. Is the connector missing on the concentrator, or on your hose?
Old 2008-01-08, 1:13pm

oh, wait, I just remember my other concentrator came with a connector screwed on it that I had to remove, which left the threaded post where the O2 hose connector could then screw onto the post. Is that what you have?
Old 2008-01-08, 1:32pm

I don't have a torch yet or hoses!

I just now ordered these, and it's my understanding that the hose will have a connector on it that screws onto the connector in the oxycon.

Wow, how easy is that???

Visit me here:

Old 2008-01-08, 1:34pm

It should be very easy. Gets even easier if your torch supplier connects the hose to the torch for you before shipping, but if not, it isn't difficult either.