Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2017-07-15, 11:10am
HotFlash Designs

Default BOC night! (Chicagoland) September 9, 2017

Come and join us as a host studio for the BOC fundraising challenge in September.
Attached Images

Be Curious. Not judgmental.
Old 2017-07-30, 7:44am

Smile

Hi Sheri, thanks for posting the reminder! I'll be there with bells on~!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2017-07-30, 3:09pm
Mebmer

I can't get the day off so I'll be stuck at work, otherwise I was going to be there as long as there was a spot open. If something changes I'll reserve a spot.

Good luck either way!
Old 2017-08-01, 8:27pm
Linda

Hi Sheri. For those of us who have never attended a BOC Open Studio event, would you please give us some idea of the challenge. (i.e. what to bring, do we need to reserve a spot, what types of beads are needed, etc.)
Old 2017-08-03, 6:13pm
HotFlash Designs

Hi Swirls,

I've never been to one either. Yes please call and sign up. (info at the bottom of this post)

They ask that we offer fundraising opportunities like sponsoring a bead, or carry a pair, or make a nice encouraging note card to accompany a bead to a child etc... with each of these there is a suggested donation. I think there will be tables for these things set up and manned by volunteers.

As a bead maker you come and make beads. You get a t-shirt, we meet new people, and have a great open torch for a great cause. Glass, mandrels and bead release will be provided. (If you prefer your own bead release go ahead and bring it) We also have all of the basic tools, graphite marvers, tweezers, mashers, tungsten...If you have a favorite shaping tool bring it along too.

I just posted in the BOC room:

Saturday September 9 at The FineLine in St. Charles (western suburbs). They're taking people in 2-4 hour time slots.(if you can commit to more, all the better.) They'll need your t-shirt size so hopefully we get the right sizes for all (or close enough). Phone 630.584.9443 just tell them you'd like to sign up for the BOC day.If you have a pile of beads for BOC please bring some along. (I think they'd like each of us to donate 5 beads if we can.)

The Fine Line is also a non profit and we have a lot of wonderful volunteers that help out.

Old 2017-08-03, 6:14pm
HotFlash Designs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SStephen View Post
I can't get the day off so I'll be stuck at work, otherwise I was going to be there as long as there was a spot open. If something changes I'll reserve a spot.

Good luck either way!
That's a bummer! Hopefully something changes in our favor.