Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Old 2016-08-29, 8:43am

Default Anyone using a GTT with compressed air option?

The title just about sums it up--I'm saving up money for a GTT Phantom (I want triple mix after seeing it used to make the kind of sculptures I want to make), and I'm wondering if their new compressed air option (compressed air in addition to the propane and two O2 studs) would be worth the extra $. The marketing claims sound really good, but I can't find any reviews--I'd love to hear from anyone who has first hand experience with a GTT torch (any model) with the compressed air option.

Thanks.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2016-09-01, 1:55pm
ManBearPig

I tried one and didn't notice any difference. GTT's are so easy on color anyways that I really don't see the need.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2016-09-07, 7:18am

Thanks Cosmo--I actually had a lot of trouble with colors reducing (when I didn't want them to) with my bobcat, but a new oxycon helped a lot with that.

Guess they haven't sold many, at least to LE members. Thanks!

Old 2016-09-07, 1:59pm
ManBearPig

It's the concentrator, not the torch. When you run concentrators at higher flow rates, the oxygen purity suffers. That's why you are getting better colors with two concentrators.