Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2006-11-29, 12:53pm

Default Napkin Rings

My daughter asked me today if I could make some napkin rings. I thought that was a cool idea. Has anyone ever done that? I would like to try but don't know what to use. A pipe? Like a huge pipe? LOL

Anyways, if anyone has any ideas, I'd like to hear them

Rose

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2006-11-29, 1:09pm
ManBearPig

Use one of the big hole mandrels (I think they make them up to 1½" or so), or make it on tubing then just open both ends.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2006-11-29, 1:17pm

Thanks Chad. I'll look for those mandrels. I haven't done tubing yet.....

Rose

Old 2006-11-29, 1:26pm
ManBearPig

Here are a couple places to get them:

http://arrowsprings.com/html/mandrels___tubes.html
http://lampworkingsupplies.com/produ...2+mandrels.htm

Old 2006-11-29, 5:08pm

I called AS and it will be on it's way soon. This will be a fun challenge. 1 1/2 in...... mmmmm. I did order tubing also, as I want to try it. I doubt my torch and oxycon have enough umphhh but what the heck!

Thanks Chad, and happy to hear you are setting up your new shop. Best of luck to you!!!

Rose

Old 2006-11-29, 5:32pm
Skeptical Optimist

Talking

Lewis Wilson shows how to make some with flowers on his lampworkin dvd Small Quick Moneymaking Items. They have it at www.smartflix.com. Good luck, and please please show us your results!

Patrice & Paul, Running a Mirage and Barracuda on a Pro-8.
Old 2006-11-30, 5:58am

Thanks for that info Patrice. I'll rent it if I run into problems. I think it's a neat idea..... will just have to see how easy it is to execute. A friend told me it's hard to use large mandrels..... but I'll think positive, LOL.

Rose

Old 2006-12-18, 3:11am
Formerly known as LT

Would love to see pics on what you came up with.
Old 2006-12-18, 6:06am

The mandrel is sitting on my desk ready to go. It's intimidating! LOL That sucker looks heavy. Perhaps today I'll at least attempt it.

Rose