Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2006-11-17, 9:28am

Default boro gallery Nov 17-??

Here are some marbles from yesterday. The dichroic one is the biggest at 1.5".
Attached Images

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. ---- Albert Einstein

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2006-11-17, 10:28am
mystical cat lover 56

Beautiful !
Old 2006-11-17, 10:37am
critter creator

Blingity BLANG!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2006-11-17, 11:47am
Skeptical Optimist

Thumbs up

VERY lovely, I especially like the one on the top right... (crappy drooling graphic)

Patrice & Paul, Running a Mirage and Barracuda on a Pro-8.
Old 2006-11-17, 12:39pm

Forgot to add that the first one is Dichroic which has been twisted and backed with NS Ruby Light and yellow frit, the second one is my first attempt at a honey-comb blown bubble implosion (coil potted this one), the third one is Dichroic with peacock swirls (not a vortex), and the fourth is just simple clear dots on spring luster.

Here is an out of focus picture of the back of the first dichroic marble. I love the red on it!
Attached Images

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. ---- Albert Einstein

Old 2006-11-17, 1:55pm
San Diego Toni

Eric those are sweet! I like the first one the most...I'm a huge dichro fan - love the sparkle! I like the lt ruby backing - different from most!
speaking of honeycombs....
I did a super cool honeycomb in class this past wednesday. I coilpotted pomegranate and used trip passion for my dots. All was well and I was sooooo happy - the colors looked great and I had blown out a little mini vessel. I opened the kiln to put it in and there were 3 "in progress" tubes resting in the center...yep - they started rolling, I started hollering for help, and my sweet little honeycomb ended up on the floor in pieces.

ARGH was I mad!

Show us some more!

toni

Old 2006-11-17, 8:23pm
Hummel factory reject

Very nice marbles Eric!!! Seems to me that most boro people are showing in the main gallery area? What's up with that? It's much more cozy in the boro section! Here are some recent hollow beads. P.P.P. I'll be taking a workshop with Sally Prasch this weekend so I'm working with tubing lately.
Thanks for sharing Eric... How did your ornaments turn out after annealing Wesley? I hope you didn't blow them all in one day. I'll feel so inadequate....
Have a great weekend! Lori and Kiko (my shiba inu studio dog)

Last edited by kiko; 2007-06-13 at 8:57pm.
Old 2006-11-18, 9:54pm

Thanks for the feedback!

Lori, I really like the colors you combined for your blown beads. They will look great with the "fall" fashions.

Hope you are all having a great weekend.

Old 2006-11-20, 10:04am

Eric and Kiko... how dare you show those pretties to me! lol

Very nice!

Jo
Old 2006-11-21, 4:20pm
Hummel factory reject

Today's addition to the Eric and Lori show. Been working on my inside out beads and here are some reasonably showable orbs. Thanks Eric and Jo for keeping the pilot light in the boro gallery flickering. Lori

Last edited by kiko; 2007-06-13 at 8:57pm.
Old 2006-11-21, 5:28pm
Serenity Now!

Love that dichro in the first one Eric...I haven't posted in (almost) forever...just not enough time in the day - been really bogged down with tons of jewelry Orders - been keeping things pretty quiet as far as on-line stuff. Here's some Wishing Stones......

HappyThanksgiving to you and yours...

Art, Colour, Bling & Happy happening here:
Old 2006-11-25, 12:41pm
No Problem!

Been quite awhile since I shared so I've got a few to drop..
Got a blown bead monkey on my back and he seems to be there to stay...

First a few focals..

Then I've been working on smaller blown beads that I sell as sets. I missed stringing up beads and these have been pretty fun. Something magic happens when individuals come together..

(Beau & Shani)

Old 2006-11-25, 12:44pm
mystical cat lover 56

Beautiful !!!
Old 2006-11-25, 1:46pm
Know-it-all Megalomaniac

Wow! great eye candy.
I can't touch my torch - painters are doin' the house and I was instructed
that fumes and an open flame are a bad mixture (and even if they're not
I can't stand the smell, so I had to get outta there!).
Man, you guys make my fingers twirl imaginary mandrels!

Get your copy of the new Lampwork Etc. Tutorials and Tips Book

Old 2006-11-25, 4:03pm
Hummel factory reject

Beau. They are beautiful! Sweet little blown beads!
Lori

Old 2006-11-26, 6:36am

Beautiful! I have been taking a break from the torch (not feeling well) but just looking at these beauties makes me want to get back to the torch. I just rented a Josh Grant marble video and ordered a marble mold. Can't wait til it comes to try my hand at marbles. Since I started making pendants, I am enjoying working without a mandrel.

Sandy
Old 2006-11-26, 9:20am
The Venerable Bead

Beau you are a tough act to follow. gorgeous blown beads!
I have some dichroic pendants.
Attached Images

Paula AKA The Venerable Bead

"I believe in pink, I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles."
— Audrey Hepburn

flaming away on a betta, natural gas, and 2 M-20's

Old 2006-11-26, 11:50am
Boro Brat

Awesome stuff in here! Wow! Here are a few creatures I made recently with my first play session with my new boro powders I think I might be a little obsessed...

Old 2006-11-26, 3:38pm
Hummel factory reject

Ms. P. I like the contrast of the crusty octo bodies and the smooth tentacles. Nice developement.... How's life with lynx? Lori

Old 2006-11-26, 5:18pm
Still makin' flowers...

I was wondering how you made those, Pipyr. Of course, I love them! But nothing is as fantastic as your electroformed creature-things on the stands. Whoo-eee.

Paula - Beautiful Pendants! You should be proud of them - good photos, too.
Beau - Ooohh... (drool). I think I need to confiscate the third from the top!
Valerie - Very pretty.
Lori - Inside out? How is that done? I'm fascinated!
Eric - Beautiful marbles! Can you send one to me - I've lost mine, see...
Is there a trick to using the boro dicro?

Okay, so I took a class from Loren Stump and he made some shells in soft glass. Except for a few notable exceptions, every time I try them, they come out great and then break as the last step. Its like performance art. So, here they are in BORO!!! They are about 2.5" long.

--NEW and Updated Beading Tutorials for all levels
!
Old 2006-11-26, 5:26pm
Boro Brat

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiko View Post
Ms. P. I like the contrast of the crusty octo bodies and the smooth tentacles. Nice developement.... How's life with lynx? Lori
Thanks Lori! I freaking LOVE the lynx!! Thanks so much for the great deal...I'm having a blast with it. I finally figured out how to get that killer pinner too...it's wonderful!

Hannah- I LOVE those shells!! I so need to learn how to make those...ideas are starting to flow

Old 2006-11-26, 5:34pm
Still makin' flowers...

Pipyr...
Come on over - I'll show you how to make them - they are SOOO easy!

--NEW and Updated Beading Tutorials for all levels
!
Old 2006-11-28, 11:52am

Beautiful work everyone! Here's a pendant, a marble and a ring. I just started trying to make marbles, no mold yet, so nothing is turning out completely round.

Sorry not the best shot of the ring.

Ashlea
Old 2006-11-28, 12:00pm
mystical cat lover 56

Beautiful - love the ring !
Old 2006-11-28, 12:20pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by HannahRachel View Post
Pipyr...
Come on over - I'll show you how to make them - they are SOOO easy!

They are not! (That was the one thing that I was never able to complete in Loren's class.) I have made some since then, but only in boro.....and they are ugly. However, they did make a source for shards.

Old 2006-11-28, 12:22pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashmo View Post
Beautiful work everyone! Here's a pendant, a marble and a ring. I just started trying to make marbles, no mold yet, so nothing is turning out completely round.

Sorry not the best shot of the ring.

Ashlea
Very cool!

Old 2006-11-28, 8:29pm

Thanks guys for the nice compliments!

Ashlea
Old 2006-12-01, 8:26am
Fire Goddess

Boro Rox!

Old 2006-12-01, 9:23am
traumaqueen

Location: Utrecht, a town in The Netherlands, close to amsterdam

beautifull showcase as usual!

At the risk of sounding stupid... what is coilpotting?

Suzanne

Old 2006-12-01, 3:00pm

wrapping colour around the end of a tube