Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2006-12-01, 11:55am

Default I'm on Strike

I just found the color GA Silver Strike 3, I coiled it thick to make a simple wheel, cooled it and then lightly "rubbed" it in the back of the flame, gorgeous gorgeous, got colors from a Caramel center to Creamy Tan outer rim THEN the Metallic over-coat is to die for. Sorry if this sounds silly BUT I'm in LOVE!!!!!
Brenda
I'll try to get pics tomorrow

P.S> anymore info on this color???????
Old 2006-12-01, 12:07pm

Sounds pretty can't wait to see pics!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2006-12-01, 3:59pm

I love Silver Strike 3. I often use it in beads...make a base bead, put on stripes of SS3, sometimes with another color on top and then rake. It often comes out a beautiful sky blue for me in this application.

Sandy
Old 2006-12-01, 4:49pm
Skeptical Optimist

Talking

I know how you feel, i'm pretty passionate about GA's Triple Passion...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Patrice & Paul, Running a Mirage and Barracuda on a Pro-8.
Old 2006-12-01, 5:38pm

Hey Brenda,
Aren't you taking Andy's class Sunday? If so, pleeeaassseee bring the beads so I can see them in bead. If not, ignore me, it's been a loooonnnnggggg week!
Kim V
Who is spending Friday night correcting papers and working on report cards

Old 2006-12-03, 7:45pm
ManBearPig

I really like Silver Strike 3 and Butterscotch (the same color, just different manufacturers). If you get it really really hot, and burn off all the haze, you get purples out of it. It looks great in implosions because it gets a hazy halo around it.

Old 2006-12-04, 9:25am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmo View Post
I really like Silver Strike 3 and Butterscotch (the same color, just different manufacturers). If you get it really really hot, and burn off all the haze, you get purples out of it. It looks great in implosions because it gets a hazy halo around it.
Yeah, and if you then back it with ruby, then sometimes that halo will become a really cool fuschia. (However, it doesn't always happen when I do it which is ok, because I like both looks.)

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. ---- Albert Einstein