Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2006-12-02, 2:48pm
Dangerous Woman

Talking OMG! Tried boro for the first time!

And I loved it!!! Now I know I need a 2nd oxycon for my Lynx. It's funny I thought this would be a boro class and wasn't going to take it. But I was told that we would be using soft glass so I signed up. Boy am I ever glad that I did! I finaly was able to make an implosion pendant. And did some off mandrel stuff. Actually it was all off mandrel. Oh yeah I made my first ever marble too! I think I finally "get" puntys now. Don't get me wrong I've used puntys, but I think understand the whole principal better now. Can you tell I'm excited? I just may go over to the dark side!

So, Santa needs to bring me a 2nd oxycon, glasses for boro, hot fingers, a marble mold, and a pile of boro. I wonder if he is up to it. I guess I'll be searching this forum for a while to get tips.

May your torch burn brightly and your oxy never run out. - Karen Hardy

On a Cheetah with a hurricane Still have my Lynx as a back up.
Old 2006-12-02, 2:57pm
mystical cat lover 56

Yeah !
Old 2006-12-02, 3:19pm

Please do not tell anyone else about how fun boro is. If they try it, they will never go back.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2006-12-02, 4:17pm
Serenity Now!

Art, Colour, Bling & Happy happening here:
Old 2006-12-02, 7:28pm
Know-it-all Megalomaniac

Shhhhhhhhh!!!

Get your copy of the new Lampwork Etc. Tutorials and Tips Book

Old 2006-12-07, 9:10am
Normal is Boring!!

Added bonus- the glass doesn't shock and explode in the freezing cold garage!!!! It's a boro winter for me!!
Trudi

~
~

Antique Brass Findings

Old 2006-12-09, 3:16pm

be careful larger rods really cold will split and pop at the ends (as well as parasillicate even if its not cold, one of my favorites because of its consistency and pastel palate but shocky until pre heated just like moretti) , last night it was really cold with fans going etc, 12mm rod took a second to warm up no major explosions as with soft though and ONLY if the ends weren't already polished otherwise just cracks but no pop. i like to warm them up just a sec though once it cracks even after healing it there are tiny bubbles and if your working in clear its quite noticable.
ro

Last edited by Ro; 2006-12-09 at 3:18pm.