Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Old 2010-02-25, 4:01pm

Kathaleen please don't let a little cattyness get to you. There is so much help here, I love coming here everyday to see what I can learn and most of the people here are diamonds. Don't let a bad apple here or there intimidate you.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"People can be the wind beneath your wings or the anchor on your boat" John Maxwell
Old 2010-02-25, 4:06pm

Donna, thank you so much for your words. Kathaleen
Old 2010-02-25, 11:12pm
I speak Murrini!

Oh, my gosh...here I am - late to the party - AGAIN!

I don't know Tim, and frankly, it didn't even ring a note either antagonistic nor derogatory by his mentioning of Kathleen's method of inquiry; oh, the joys of getting old - most things just go whizzing by right over my head!

I see that everyone's managed to get past the misunderstandings, shake hands, and get back on track - goody! The mission, if we choose to accept it, is to help our new member Kathleen resolve a twistie recipe! And who amongst us does not love to cook with fire? Let's help her find those ingredients!

So, Kathleen - have you found the answer? I'm so curious...I hope if you have, you'll share with us what it was you were questing for. And if not, I hope we can continue to assist you until the answer is found!

De

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro
Old 2010-02-26, 9:12am

You guys are so sweet and understanding. Yes, "Maroli" had the answer....handmixed )brown recipe by Kandice. (Found on page 1.) Have a great day and take care.
Kathaleen
Old 2010-02-26, 11:01am
I speak Murrini!

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathaleen View Post
You guys are so sweet and understanding. Yes, "Maroli" had the answer....handmixed )brown recipe by Kandice. (Found on page 1.) Have a great day and take care.
Kathaleen
Perfect! And it's lovely, too! Kandice came to my rescue when I was very new. Not only did she take the time to direct me to her site and helped me with this gorgeous recipe, she even sent me a few of the hand-mixed light browns you used to have to create on your own before the availability of the Vetrofond Light Brown striking color and CiM Maple; I think I need to get me some of those!

Interesting, as glass karma would have it, that Kathleen was looking for a delicious recipe created by a wonderful, kind and sharing woman!

Thanks Maroli for stepping up; it seems all is right with the glass world after all!

Happy torching everyone...
De

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro
Old 2010-03-02, 6:30pm
Uh-oh means it's too late

I think that is one of my favorite recipes of all time!!! Kandice has that brown tutorial as well available on her site- it is on my wishlist!!!

Old 2010-03-06, 6:17am
Guera loca

Jeeez, you guys!

I have stayed away from LE for a while because I was weary of the increasingly frequent backbiting and cattiness. (And also when life, and my mom's final illness, got in the way.)

I keep coming back because I miss the good stuff. This is the second thread I've opened, and it reminded me too quickly of why I veered away.

Is this crap really necessary? I've missed you guys but I don't miss this. I wonder how many others feel as I do.

Barb
(going to check out the garage sale and then heading back under my rock)

- our restaurant
Old 2010-03-08, 3:12pm

Hey Barb....
DITTO!
I almost left for good when someone started a thread about new people asking seasoned people questions and how awful they were for doing this. I'm sure you all know the infamous thread. And I apologize for ever offending anyone by asking, before I realized this is a no-no. (Isn't this site for showing off, getting tips AND helping each other? Um, no, according to the person who started that thread.) I understand that it would be annoying getting message after message asking how they did that, but the thread came off as very snobbish and exclusive.
I didn't think Tim's comment was bad. People need to laugh at themselves more. I know I was pretty funny and used to laugh at myself all the time when I would call a tool a "thingy" or when I would say "you know, that greenish color", etc. I think the MAIN point of his comment was that he was complimenting the person that was trying so hard to help with little information.