Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2010-01-02, 4:38pm
Wooohooo,GS!

Default Glass Stock 2010 East and West entry NOW OPEN, woohooo!

Hi everyone, heres hoping you all had a great and safe holiday season!

I wanted to let everyone know that Glass Stock East and West sign ups for entry are now open along with some new info on locations, dates, drawings, scholarships, etc.

Sign up is open for 2 months for GS East and 3 months for GS West so no hurry but make sure you do so before the drawing dates. We no longer jury artists in, the desire to learn is all you need. We list all classes in experience so you can take a beginning boro, tubing, fusing, PMC, etc class and not worry that you are in the wrong class!

Featured artists are posted along with basic information on my website, debcrowley.com or by using link below. Click on the page for east or west to enter. Hope to see you there!

deb crowley and the GS east/west teams

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2010-01-02, 5:42pm

Default Glass Stock 2010

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO<HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOhoping on the draw
Old 2010-01-03, 8:13pm

Do you have links for more info? Thanks.
Old 2010-01-03, 9:55pm
Critter Mom

Hi Deb ... Love the new website ! Got my lottery entry in and I'll be keeping my fingers crossed. I'm so happy to see the new venue, I love going to the Eugene Glass School. I missed out on the blown float class at the last GS (mechanical failures) so maybe I'll get another chance this year

Old 2010-01-03, 10:09pm
I'm meeeeelting

Deb, do you need another email from those of us with guaranteed spots or do you have that info down? Can't wait!

Elyn, click on the link at the bottom of Deb's post. It'll take you to her website and GS links.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Kevlar Fingerless Gloves:

Last edited by artsyuno; 2010-01-03 at 10:22pm.
Old 2010-01-04, 11:48am
Critter Mom

I completely forgot about the "guaranteed spots"...I can't remember the particulars (menopausal mind melt) but I think it was because of the "mechanical failure" of the Hot Shop, which I was signed up for and couldn't take.

Deb, do I have a "guaranteed spot" ???

Old 2010-01-04, 12:01pm

Found the website right after I posted, so now I'm in the lottery also.

Bonnie--sounds like you may be guaranteed--good for you, and Felicia, and the others who chose that after missing the hot shop last year! Hope to see you there.
Old 2010-01-04, 12:25pm
I'm meeeeelting

Bonnie, it depends on whether you opted to take a class in place of the lost hotshop class last year or forgo a replacement class in exchange for a guaranteed spot and free hotshop cost this year.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Old 2010-01-04, 3:02pm
it is what it is......

deb.... i am on the guaranteed spot too...... what should i do? thanks in advance!

Old 2010-01-04, 4:00pm

I'm on the guaranteed list too, Deb. Let us know what to do.
Joan
Old 2010-01-05, 8:31am

Lucky people - but I've signed up and will keep my fingers crossed. But it will be so hard to wait...

Old 2010-01-06, 9:18am
Wooohooo,GS!

Hi all! Sorry, had a student last 2 days and we have been busy melting glass!

Ok, I do have the "saved list of guaranteed spots" but it would be MUCH easier if you entered too so I have all the names in one spot. PLEASE put "guaranteed spot" in the subject line when you apply! IF you signed up for a hot shop class last year you have a "guaranteed spot" PLUS a $50 discount (we had electrical issues, still trouble shooting it, have an electrician friend coming down next month to find the problem!)

You can also apply for GS East with a guaranteed spot but I will warn everyone that if there isn't enough interest East MAY be postponed a year. GS West is a definate so if you want to go and it doesn't matter which one apply to BOTH and if East doesn't go you will get into West (Hope that makes sense!) We will start with "guaranteed spots" and then draw to fill rest of spots.

YES, there will be hot shop classes, they are like an "excursion" and are $50 for a 3 hour class with 6 people, everyone will get a chance to make a nice piece (float, paperweight, bowl). That is why you get a $50 discount with the "guaranteed spot" (I know, crazy to offer that too but I feel so bad!) so you CAN apply it to hot shop (you will pay separately for that). You will take those classes in the evening during open torch. Once you have made your piece you can come join us at open torch!

Mags, lol, I am so PC challenged! I would be much appreciative if someone could put up the direct link to each venue......help, ROFL!

Oh, and drum roll........our other Featured Artist for GS West is......
Roze Chikiar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOHOOOOOO, our little Roze is coming back (she started and ran the Female Flame Off for years, this woman is just plain AMAZING!) so we will have her and Melanie Moertel, wowser, what a line up!

Plus we will have our amazing staff of artists/instructors! Get ready for another incredible year, especially now in a building we can all see everything goin' on!

At GS WEST we will have very good "home cooked" food from Saeed (amazing cook!) for very reasonable prices right on site! The ONLY new thing we ask for this year besides the 2 sponsor gifts and the optional GS auction is an item Eugene School of Glass can auction off at their annual auction in October. Saeed has given us a REALLY good "rent" price as our budget is tight so in order to help him we are asking for one more small item. It will be in the auction catalog they send out so it is GREAT advertising for you too! Plus, you can write the donation off, they are a Non-profit school!

Big hugs and more info soon! deb

Old 2010-01-06, 9:24am
Wooohooo,GS!

PS Bonnie, if you signed up for Hot shop you DO have a "Guaranteed spot", woohoo, that means you are IN girl! So sorry for those that have to wait a couple months to find out...but I will let you know as soon as the draw is done.
If you applied already, just re-apply with Guaranteed Spot in subject and then put re-apply after that in subject line too and I will remove first application!
deb

Old 2010-01-06, 10:55am
I'm meeeeelting

So glad Roze will be back. That girl has the best energy!

I'm also thrilled that there'll be meals available on site.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Old 2010-01-06, 10:56am
Critter Mom

Wooo Hooo !!! I sent my re-application in for a Guaranteed Spot...I'm such a happy camper. Already talking to hubby 'bout plans...where to stay, what to bring, etc. Fun, fun, fun !!!

I'm not a boro user, but I sure enjoyed watching Roze and so glad to see she's coming back as a Featured Artist.

Old 2010-01-06, 12:04pm
Wooohooo,GS!

Felicia and Bonnie, I know, Roze is so addicting...you just want to watch her work....maybe we can get her to just demo one night and hand popcorn out

Thanks for redoing that Bonnie, guess I should have made that more clear but being the only time GS has done that it is an exception (and hopefully only time)!

Before I get a bunch of emails and PMs, please let me say we ARE planning on GS East but if there aren't enough folks to cover the minimum costs someone would have to cover the difference. I wish I could say I can cover that too if need be, I have only had a surplus budget 2 of the 7 years I have put GS on...if you add it all up it is not a money making machine for sure! With the hundreds of hours it takes me to plan and pull off a GS I go through most years with no wage, just the love of the event, seeing/making friends and what it does for everyone's muse the rest of the year! I had a small loss last year and can't cover more than GS West in my budget if another bad year economically hits events like this.

SO, that means we will see at the end of Feb how many folks entered. PLEASE do not enter if you aren't serious about paying the tuition and attending GS East!!!! We will make an announcement the first week of March if there is any change but right now we are heading forward with BOTH events. I hope all the hours Barry and I have put into East that it does have enough interest and will become a kissin'cousin to the original Glass Stock. We have faith that it will be a rousing success but we need to have enough folks to get it off the ground.

Hugs, deb

Old 2010-01-06, 12:26pm
Jamaican Me Crazy

Where is the GS east taking place at?
Old 2010-01-06, 12:40pm
Jamaican Me Crazy

never mind found it on line lol.
Old 2010-01-06, 12:52pm
I'm meeeeelting

I want to melt more soft glass with Roze, although y'all did give me a bit of a boro bug and Roze's scorpion was the coolest thing ever.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Old 2010-01-06, 1:02pm
Angel's Mom

Man, I wanted to win Roze's scorpion, too. Whoever got their number drawn for that demo piece was might lucky!
Old 2010-01-06, 1:03pm
Beyond Cloud 9!

Whoo hoo! Let's get this party started!!!

I'm with Felicia. I would love to learn the scorpion Roze made last year. And she's such a hoot!!!

Old 2010-01-06, 1:04pm
Angel's Mom

Here are the direct links:

Glass Stock West: http://debcrowley.com/gpage4.html
Glass Stock East: http://debcrowley.com/gpage3.html
Old 2010-01-06, 1:57pm
Jamaican Me Crazy

only 50 people can get in?
Old 2010-01-07, 12:33am

I can't wait. I have been looking for a house in eugene. I had found a 11 bedroom one but it is not avail that weekend. Darn would that not have been a blast.

Old 2010-01-07, 10:59am
Wooohooo,GS!

Felicia, Lisa and Kris, I know, that scorpion was ROCKIN' cool! Josh Mazet won that piece....it was so awesome! I told Roze to come up with 3 classes, Beg, Int and Adv....so be ready! Maybe another evening scorpion show with popcorn, I don't want to miss any of it this year!

Woodywood 143, yes, only 50 for each event! We found that no more than that keeps it familiar and more "family like", there are NO booths, just Featured Sponsors. It is not the typically commercial event like some who sell booths, we are more interested in learning/sharing, not making $. That is what makes GS so inviting! Hope to see you at one of them!

Lori, that would have been cool! But there are lots of inexpensive hotels in Eugene, OR if you do a search. We will be posting them in a month or so to make it easier to book rooms.

Wooohoooo! hugs, deb

Old 2010-01-07, 11:29am
Master Procrastinator

WOOHOO! Got my application in too!

So glad to hear that Roze is coming back! She's so much fun & has such talent! Her Scorpion totally rocks!

Old 2010-01-07, 7:22pm
Type ZZZ personality

Deb, you are definitely the energizer bunny for sure!
So glad to hear Roze is going to be back -- she rocks!

Lynx with 2 5-lpm oxycons
Old 2010-01-08, 10:16am
Jamaican Me Crazy

I really need to find some classes when I can afford it, Im a newbe and other than video Ive never seen anyone other than myself work with glass. Im still working on round and dots lol
Old 2010-01-08, 10:26am
Wooohooo,GS!

Lea, you cutie, I can't wait to see Roze again (and all of you too), it is beautiful music watching her work!

Patty, ha ha ha...yep, Debster has her energy back PLUS some now....be ready for this year to REALLY ROCK! A landslide of kudos for our little Roze!

Woodywood, that is why GS is so great, for $450 ($550 east with food) you get 6 classes, 4 nights open torch, demos all day long plus a "family" of artists willing to share! We can help you get the "round and dots" solved in one night, lol! GS runs 9 am to 10 pm at night with learning the whole time for a mere $112 a day! It would take you leaps and bounds beyond where you are now!
Hugs deb

Old 2010-01-09, 9:56am
Master Blaster

Hey Deb

I just got off the phone with Scott Griffin (Griffin Glass Tools) he will be our tool vender you can see his web page

http://www.griffinglass.com/tools.html

Scott lives in Elmira Heights,NY not to far from Glass Stock East and he is really happy that there is going to be an event like this on the east coast.

Also Wale Apparatus will be selling boro rods and tubing.

I have a commitment from Roger Parramore to demo and if he is still pulling color rods by July 1st he will be selling at Glass Stock East 2010

Everything is moving along nicely

Bear