Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2006-07-09, 6:14am

I haven't heard anything about my nippers either... yet will try the email address again if it's working now... cuz the nippers were suppose to be IN STOCK!

Any body got any nippers in the last couple of weeks????

Lynne
Old 2006-07-09, 6:23am
Beadmaking.nl

I use this one from Delphiglass and I find it great. I use it for cutting the rods...

You can order it at Delphiglass for about 18 dollar. It is now on sale.
Old 2006-07-09, 3:19pm
Moving On

I got my nippers last week after waiting about 6 weeks? Maybe a bit less. I emailed everywhere I could think of, then got a response from Corina about changing the shipping dept. They came about a week later.-Gail

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2006-07-10, 7:16am
Temptress

I'm still trying to get a response for a magic wand I ordered on June 7th. Will try one more email and then I will be filing a dispute with PayPal.
Old 2006-07-10, 7:52pm

If any of you are on a tight budget , try these, they are cheap and work great.Grip the glass slightly and spin and then squeeze and the glass pops apart.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=40507

Old 2006-07-10, 8:31pm
I fart diamonds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike H
If any of you are on a tight budget , try these, they are cheap and work great.Grip the glass slightly and spin and then squeeze and the glass pops apart.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=40507
I tried those, but they have some long handled diagonal cutters that work even better. Just as good as disc nippers, in fact, for about the same price as these cutters. Maybe even less.

Old 2006-07-11, 1:12pm

I have disc nippers... they migrated into my 'stained glass' studio I also have a pair of end cutters from Canadian tire... that work very well, I just thought I'd try the Corina nippers.... ot then again maybe not.... maybe this is just a new fund raising venture..... ???

Lynne
www.fireballbeeds.com
Old 2006-07-15, 8:56am
Mermaid in Training

I ordered the nippers as well as the Marver right before her divorce... I have sent emails to Corina, her shipping department etc..attaching the copy of my order I have not heard back from anyone since she changed shipping departments. Unfortunatly I waited one to many days for my Paypal dispute so I am pretty sure my money is gone. I have sent emails asking for a refund...

I have been patient but waiting close to two months with no update on what is going on with my order is just bad business practice. Especially since I have been emailing about once a week since we hit the one month period with no response.

Dizzy Bead on Etsy
Old 2006-07-15, 9:12am
tinkmartin.etsy.com

For cutting rods, I just score and snap. For me, it makes for less impact on the rod and it just takes a teeny little score line.

I ordered Corina's nippers specifically for cutting murrini. I haven't tried them yet, though there seems to be some side-to-side wobble in them and some misalignment in the blades. I ordered replacement blades too, but those haven't come yet. I understand the replacement blades are out of stock.

EDITED TO ADD TWO THINGS:

Saw this on Corina's front page --

Marge Dillon
Shipping Manager
harrisdillon@ipns.com

Saw this on Corina's Nipper Page:

Quote:
The nippers themselves are $ 30 plus s/h, more expensive than the other nippers on the market, but as usually in life, you get what you pay for....
Apparently, not always. Sorry. I just really appreciate ironic humor.

Also Available in
: my Electroforming for Everyone booklet.

Last edited by Tink; 2006-07-15 at 9:30am.
Old 2006-07-15, 4:45pm

Good luck getting any reply from the shipping email that she has listed on her websight! I have sent MANY emails and get no response! I understand she edits her guestbook too-so as suggested previously to get in touch with her that way-will not work!!! I did ask for a refund once and of course-no response! I guess you live and you learn! It would be interesting to see how many of us are out there that she has 70.00 from! Could be a LOT of money when added all up! Maybe if we start a thread so folks could post what is owed them.....her shipping manager could just come here and get all the info she needs! So I have given up after 2 1/2 months! Time to blow it to the wind and devote my energies to something that makes me feel good!!!!!!
Linda
Old 2006-07-15, 5:04pm
needs to light the torch.

I really liked Corina's nippers when I got to use them in Jen's class in Victoria.
I would really like a pair but I think I will wait until things settle down ya know????

Old 2006-07-15, 6:15pm
maybe tomorrow

I'm thinking the same thing. Seems like she should just take the shopping cart down till she gets things settled and caught up. But that makes too much sense, doesn't it?

Old 2006-07-15, 10:21pm
Mermaid in Training

I'm out more than just $70... but what I can not understand is why no one is getting a response... Does this Marge Dillon even exist? I'm new to the lampworking world so she may... But it's just good business practice to reply to people. And I've sent many emails to her, Corina and the other email address that she listed where everything got bounced...

If I got a reply email stating hey we're currently out of stock or anything explaining I would be happy to wait. But getting NO response is what is upsetting me. It's just common curtesy.

Dizzy Bead on Etsy
Old 2006-07-15, 11:02pm
Student of DachZen

Quote:
Originally Posted by macsynchro
I'm out more than just $70... but what I can not understand is why no one is getting a response... Does this Marge Dillon even exist? I'm new to the lampworking world so she may... But it's just good business practice to reply to people. And I've sent many emails to her, Corina and the other email address that she listed where everything got bounced...

If I got a reply email stating hey we're currently out of stock or anything explaining I would be happy to wait. But getting NO response is what is upsetting me. It's just common curtesy.
What I've seen given as an explanation is Marge volunteered to help with the backlogged shipping and got wayyyy more than she bargained for. And she apparently doesn't have authorization to do any returns or refunds or anything monetary, and has precious little records to go by on the backlogged stuff.

But this is all second hand info gleaned over the past few days, so take it with a grain of salt. I hope you and the other folks that are waiting eventually get your stuff. The situation sucks.

Old 2006-07-15, 11:57pm
Mermaid in Training

I am sorry for her (Marge)... but maybe Corina needs to do an automatic reply to those who email about their orders. Something... anything... but the silence is the worst. Leaves alot to the imagination.. and we're all artist so we have very good imaginations..

Especially after reading some of the stuff that is happening on her site. She seems to be all over the place. What it looks like to a complete outsider is that she dumped this responsibility on someone else and is doing what she wants instead of facing up to her responsibilities.

I'm just starting out and I ordered tools that I need... I don't have lots of money to throw away on ordering two of everything.

And thanks Teresa! It's taken with a grain of salt... The situations does suck and I hope it gets resolved soon as well.

Dizzy Bead on Etsy

Last edited by macsynchro; 2006-07-16 at 12:01am.
Old 2006-07-16, 12:28pm
Student of DachZen

Quote:
Originally Posted by macsynchro
I am sorry for her (Marge)... but maybe Corina needs to do an automatic reply to those who email about their orders. Something... anything... but the silence is the worst. Leaves alot to the imagination.. and we're all artist so we have very good imaginations..

Especially after reading some of the stuff that is happening on her site. She seems to be all over the place. What it looks like to a complete outsider is that she dumped this responsibility on someone else and is doing what she wants instead of facing up to her responsibilities.

I'm just starting out and I ordered tools that I need... I don't have lots of money to throw away on ordering two of everything.

And thanks Teresa! It's taken with a grain of salt... The situations does suck and I hope it gets resolved soon as well.
There is a thread in the family room that might interest you - it's the procedure and basic info on submitting a small claims court case in the state of Washington...

Old 2006-07-16, 1:28pm
Mermaid in Training

Thanks again Teresa!

Dizzy Bead on Etsy
Old 2006-07-17, 6:43am

Default Has anyone received anything from Corina Recently???

May start this as a new thread later today if I don't get any responses...

But has anyone received anything from Corina that they have ordered since the middle of MAY????

Who has received things, I'm still under my 45 days I'm trying to give her the benifit of doubt.... But I either want my money or my nippers!

Lynne

You can PM me if you don't want to post to this thread!
Old 2006-07-17, 1:13pm
Mermaid in Training

I don't think anyone has been receiving anything... and I purchased mine on May 27th... and I am over the 45 days I put my dispute in one day late cuz my Receipt was for the 28th.. so I thought I was within the 45 days time frame..I have sent many emails as well with no response.

I think we're helping her pay for her new home

Dizzy Bead on Etsy

Last edited by macsynchro; 2006-07-18 at 12:14pm.
Old 2006-07-17, 4:33pm
Moving On

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islandgirl
May start this as a new thread later today if I don't get any responses...

But has anyone received anything from Corina that they have ordered since the middle of MAY????

Who has received things, I'm still under my 45 days I'm trying to give her the benifit of doubt.... But I either want my money or my nippers!

Lynne

You can PM me if you don't want to post to this thread!
I actually did receive my nippers a couple of weeks ago. I think I ordered in mid-May? -
Gail

Old 2006-07-17, 7:59pm
Life is change. Love it

I got my nippers fairly quickly, but am not terrible impressed with the way they look. The blades are misaligned, and I hope they don't crush the glass. I'll probably use them tomorrow to try cutting some murrini. If they don't work well, I don't know what I'll do - unlikely I'll get a replacement
I'll probably never order from her again.

Old 2006-07-18, 5:11am

Think a couple of people sent in disputes yesterday, but all Paypal does is send an email to the vendor.... so it's their word agains ours...

and there has to be money in the account when and if after the 20 day arbitration Paypal decides in the purchasers favor. And if the vendor moves and opens a new Paypal account to go with the new bank account.... there won't be any money to pay us with!

Lynne
Old 2006-07-18, 11:00am
tinkmartin.etsy.com

I heard back from Marge that the replacement nipper blades are out of stock, and there appears to be no plan for them to be re-stocked. I've emailed Corina for a refund.

Also Available in

Old 2006-07-18, 11:24am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islandgirl
Think a couple of people sent in disputes yesterday, but all Paypal does is send an email to the vendor.... so it's their word agains ours...

and there has to be money in the account when and if after the 20 day arbitration Paypal decides in the purchasers favor. And if the vendor moves and opens a new Paypal account to go with the new bank account.... there won't be any money to pay us with!

Lynne
Mostly accurate, but not entirely...one other thing Paypal DOES do, is when you place your dispute *if* money exists in her account, they immediately place a hold on the funds even though it can take 20 days for you to get it back from them, they immediately snatch it up at the same moment they send that email to the seller so the seller doesn't have the opportunity to go withdraw the funds first. Did any of you use your credit card through Paypal? If so you can try calling your credit card company because they put added pressure to get you your money back.

I'd imagine if Corina has no proof of having shipped your items that they will err in your favor -- I hope!

Can someone post a pic of the nippers? How are they different from the nippers from Arrow Springs? Those of you who've gotten the nippers, is the brand written on them at all -- perhaps some of you interested in getting a pair but not willing to order through Corina could put together some sort of a bulk buy. Just a thought.

Best of luck to each of you who is out your hard earned money and awaiting either product or refund. I hope this all works out!

Old 2006-07-18, 11:44am
tinkmartin.etsy.com

Because of the time frame restrictions with PayPal, I have tried again to contact Corina through PayPal's resolution center. I hated to do it, but once you get past a certain date, you're out of luck and have no recourse.

Also Available in

Old 2006-07-18, 6:13pm
Design Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink
Because of the time frame restrictions with PayPal, I have tried again to contact Corina through PayPal's resolution center. I hated to do it, but once you get past a certain date, you're out of luck and have no recourse.
Tink! It's Elizabeth from Yahoo groups. Did you ever get a refund??

Old 2006-07-18, 6:51pm
tinkmartin.etsy.com

Elizabeth!!!! Hi there! I just today filed with the resolution center. I haven't heard anything back yet.

Also Available in

Old 2006-07-19, 12:25am
Mermaid in Training

I filed a dispute and I sent emails asking for a refund on the 14th.. although she's now claiming to be having email problems...

Dizzy Bead on Etsy
Old 2006-07-19, 9:57pm
tinkmartin.etsy.com

This link may be useful to some of you:
https://fortress.wa.gov/atg/formhand...plaint_en.html

Also Available in

Old 2006-07-20, 12:33am
Storm Queen

For those of you that ordered items and have not received them within 30 days, check this thread for more information on one thing you can do:
http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=28262
If you post in that thread please keep it generalized as we don't want the thread to get pulled.
Amy