LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2006-07-26, 8:56am
Crunchy ol' Momma

I ordered and paid on 7/14 and received an email on 7/18 that they were shipped on 7/17. However, I haven't gotten the units yet (I ordered 2) and emails to George regarding tracking the shipment have gone unanswered. Should I try calling him? I don't want to bother him because I know he's busy, I'm just worried is all.
Old 2006-07-28, 12:18pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eplanet
Rich,

Just to make sure I have this right - I see you have six racks @ $75 each........so you paid $450 so far for that?
I think several of his were purchased a while back. Once his glass supply grew he had more made to match his original. The original supplier had gone out of business and he went with this company. Edit. Well I'm a dufus. He did say he'd ordered 6. Call me slow. Sorry.

I know I'd like several more, but the cost adds up too quickly for my budget. I'm thinking one or two more a year and hoping the costs don't increase too much in between times.

Last edited by Just Nancy; 2006-07-28 at 12:24pm.
Old 2006-07-28, 12:21pm

Burntfingers,
No guess on calling George or waiting for a response via e-mail. I guess if you have his number you could try calling. Maybe he has a tracking number or something? Mine took about a week to arrive via Fed Ex. It was long enough I had just started to wonder but then the day it slipped my mind it arrived. (Go figure)
Old 2006-07-29, 9:26am
Crunchy ol' Momma

Well, I spoke with George yesterday and was told that they were in the process of making my units ... odd, considering that more than a week before I was told that they had already shipped. He expects to have them shipping on Monday and I asked that he email me the tracking number once they're out ... we'll see ...
Old 2006-07-29, 11:10am

Wonderful. (sarcastic) and Here's hoping (sincere)

When I had my unit made I really wanted to offer to sell them. I'd been looking for something to turn into a small home business to go along with my hobby end of making the beads. Between the size of the product (storage and shipping) and the cost (my funds being tied up and such little room to mark the price up for profit) I could tell this wasn't an item to try reselling.

The upside would have been if I'd had the money I could have ordered 100 and had them ready to ship. (That is if I didn't get just as over whelmed as so many suppliers of products have.)

I'm hoping you have your soon.
Old 2006-08-04, 7:19pm

Default Did everyone get their order?

I want to order some of these so I was checking to make sure everyone who ordered these got them?

Thanks.
Old 2006-08-06, 6:38am

I'm wondering the same thing. I ordered mine ages ago and had no problem. Rich was next with a different size and seemed to get his promptly. I'm saving my pennies as best I can for more and am wondering if people are still getting what they've ordered.

Maybe I'll also post in the bathroom. Someone might see the question there.

Edit to add info but not bump this to the top. (There is probably more important info to be seen.)

I got some responses in the bathroom. Some have ordered and had shipping delays. Apparently the company is or has moved. There was thought by some that could be the reason for the delays and to cut the company some slack. Others have been burned before by transactions and are getting leary and considering filing a dispute with PayPal.

I'm hoping once the move is complete some post they have had successful transactions because I sure want to order more later this fall.

Last edited by Just Nancy; 2006-08-08 at 7:24am.
Old 2006-08-30, 10:07am

I ordered and paid on 8-18-2006. I'll let everyone know when I receive the box.

edited 9-9 to say I called George and he said they were all shipped 9-6. He didn't get my name and I only ordered one so I guess he makes them in a batch and sends them in a batch. I"m ok with them taking a month as long as I know I'm getting them.

edited 9-11 to say I called George and said, "I haven't gotten my case." George said, "I'll call you back Rose." ummm.....weird he knew my voice. Guess he could have caller ID but that would be under my husband's name. George called me back to say Fed Ex has it scheduled for delivery tomorrow. I'm so happy!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(website in construction)

Last edited by collectiblesbyrose; 2006-09-11 at 6:29pm.
Old 2006-08-30, 11:12am

I'll be interested to hear when you get it and what you think.

Also, I've got another item on the way sometime (just called yesterday). One to help store used rods. Not sure how it will work. I'll be sure to post if I like it.

Last edited by Just Nancy; 2006-08-30 at 11:36am.
Old 2006-08-31, 5:43am
Crunchy ol' Momma

Just wanted to let everyone know that I DID finally receive both units. Remember, I paid on 7/14 ... the boxes showed up at my door on 8/12 ... almost a month later. Both were in great shape, no shipping damage.

A couple of the excuses that I got when I called were ...

"We were in the process of moving"

and

"There were some problems with the units and we had to redo them"

There were other reasons why the units didn't ship out sooner, but I forgot them as it's been a little while. George did promise to send me some sort of stringer storage case for free since I had so many problems, but that was about 3 weeks ago, and you guessed it, nothing is here yet. Oh well. At least I got my storage.
Old 2006-08-31, 10:04am

I'm glad you finally got the units. I heard they had moved to a bigger place. I'd wondered if they got caught off guard by the demand, but it's not really looking like 'that' many were ordered. No answers, just glad you've finally got them. Hope you get the other one.
Old 2006-09-12, 2:54pm

Default stringer storage box arrived

Received my stinger storage unit today. The packing box was battered but George had plenty of peanuts in the box so the storage unit was undamaged. I have 50 spaces 1-1/4" square the unit is 12" deep. Perfect for stringer! I'd already purchased round tubes so I'm using those in the squares but you certainly wouldn't have to use anything....just slip the stringer in the square holes. Anyway, he made 2 so there is one available to ship immediately if anyone wants it. Cost is $90. plus shipping. Shipping to TX was $22. fed ex. Just give George a call if you want him to ship it to you, just say Rose's unit and he'll know which one you want. The holes will hold about 1 pound of stringer (in the picture I have 1/2 pound in each tube). Anyway....I really am happy with how it turned out!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(website in construction)
Old 2006-09-12, 8:52pm

Default cute....now if only mine would come!

I ordered on 8-13 and sent a check (I should have insisted on using paypal).

Still no containers.

If he'd told me a month when I ordered, I'd be okay with that. But...I was led to believe they would ship as soon as he got the check (which cleared my bank on 8-23).

Shipping to Salt Lake was $30 per unit! Ack. But I got full sized units.

I'll need to have a word with George when/if I get my stuff! (Like being better able to estimate delivery time and sending a delivery confirmation so I can track it myself.)
Old 2006-09-13, 2:56pm
Crunchy ol' Momma

That was my big problem with George too ... offer an estimated ship date, or give people their tracking numbers once you do ship the units ... it's not DIFFICULT to do either of those things. Yet, *I* had to call George constantly, *I* had to email him after 3 weeks of sending payment (I used PayPal) to find out what was going on ... and I never got a response in email - no matter how many emails I sent.

I hate to sound really bitchy, but jeez, why should ANY customer have to contact someone for their item?? If you can't deliver within a certain time frame, then you need to reconsider selling your stuff.
Old 2006-09-13, 3:44pm

I wrote George about another display unit I couldn't find any other place. He said if I wanted them that day he could fit them in between bigger orders. It made me wonder if he was a fairly small business. Still doesn't make poor customer service acceptable. I can understand him not making a bunch of units on speculation just to have sit around and hope people order them.

Wonder if he needs someone to help with correspondence and tracking numbers so he can make the dandy little units. I'd volunteer if it helped people get them quicker. I sure love mine.
Old 2006-09-13, 5:12pm
Crunchy ol' Momma

I love both of mine too, and I would love to order a stringer case, but my experience has made me avoid ordering from him. I agree, he needs to find someone to be in control of order tracking.
Old 2006-09-13, 6:55pm

I just heard back from George about my other cases (not glass related). He said they had moved to a larger location. The move is completed. The only other part of the e-mail of interest was ....."now we have 4 of each on hand and can make more in three days with shipping on the four day ."

I'm not ready to order more but I will probably request a tracking number be e-mailed when the package is shipped. Come to think of it, I may have had one with my first unit. I'm not sure. I will be ordering more as soon as I can. Even with the bumps along the way, he was the only manufacturer I could find who was willing to consider making these at any quantity. I was considering making a business out of it, so I was expecting to have to place a large order. I was quite pleased George was willing to do them at all.
Old 2006-09-13, 7:15pm

Default Yes! Mine came today!

they are pretty cool. . .

The objection I have is I expected them sooner. Since I work, I rushed home everyday for a couple of weeks to see if they had arrived.

If I had known it would be this week, no problem.

(I didn't get the dividers he promised. But if he has more...I may call him tomorrow and snatch up a couple....if he promises to send me tracking info.)
Old 2006-09-13, 7:48pm

I'm glad you got yours. Just for kicks when it is full stick a light behind it. I'm rethinking my storage trying to figure out how I can mount a light on the wall behind.

I know the stalking the delivery guy concept. For me it is usually glass related some how. Sorry you rushed home hoping for the best.

Good luck if you decide to order more.
Old 2006-09-13, 9:34pm

Default yes, I want to do the light behind thing too, its beautiful

My ideal would be a large box on wheels with a light behind and a drawer or shelves at the bottom that would slide under my workbench when not in use.

Acutally, I'd need about 5 such contraptions.

Someday, I hope to find someone to help me build one. . . maybe even figure out how to have it be "open" or with glass or plastic on the sides and top for more light.

(How did this happen? 4 years ago I was normal. Now I am totally glass obsessed. And rushing home from work is never a bad thing. At least I got home earlier than usual. It was the disappointment to arrive and have nothing here to greet me! Well, except the dogs.)
Old 2006-10-02, 10:36pm

Well, I guess I should have visited this post sooner! I am soooo disappointed in my transaction with George! I ordered at the beginning of July and after waiting longer than anticipated, received a damaged unit at the beginning of August. I immediately contacted him... he said "no worries!" admitted he had problems with "employees" and promised to replace it ASAP. Well, it is October 2nd and still no replacement. He does answer my emails... and has given me ship dates that were bogus. I have asked four times for a tracking number and he finally sent me someone else's. Duhh!

What should I do? I really liked what I got - if it wasn't damaged - at first I told him I would like to order another if everything went well - despite the problems - But not now!

Now I find out he's giving others free stuff! Good for you... I'll have to point that out to him!

Sue
Old 2006-10-03, 5:07am

Sue,
I have no clue what others are getting or being promised. I can't imagine being this frustrated. I've been thrilled with my unit and delivery time.

Does his website have a phone number listed? Maybe calling would help?
Nancy
Old 2007-10-13, 10:18am

I am reviving this thread because I got an e-mail from someone else having problem getting a unit. I don't know the status of George or if he has his shipping under control. I have written him but suggest anyone else recognize that they may want to proceed with caution.
Old 2007-10-13, 10:45am
Otter

I will be putting up a new thread about this soon but I payed and ordered a glass storage unit from George on August 28.

and now he is not restponding to my emails or calls.

he still has my money and now does not even have the time to talk to me.

His email responses were like three word andswers before he stopped answering at all.

working on it ( how about a date George It's been over a month and a half )

Otter

Murrini for Sale

#R124
Old 2007-10-13, 10:53am

Is this a section of the forum others can see without registering? Maybe he should see a link to the thread?

I really enjoy my product that I have gotten, but it stinks to be up in the air.
Old 2007-10-13, 11:12am
The Crazy One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Nancy View Post
Is this a section of the forum others can see without registering? Maybe he should see a link to the thread?

I really enjoy my product that I have gotten, but it stinks to be up in the air.
Yes, this room can be seen by non registered folks.
Old 2007-10-19, 6:41pm

I thought I would post the picture I have of my current glass storage. On the right is my acrylic unit. It is my preference. I love the way it looks and that there is a lot of glass in one cohesive box. I love that it came right out of the box like that. Unfortunately my budget didn't want to purchase 5-7 more to hold the rest of my glass. Actually, as of this week I'd need even more because I've filled every hole out there. I have pvc fence (like many others) cut into sections. I had not been able to find any in my area until boxergirl found it and helped me out. So then I have space for like 180 colors for the same price I have in the one acrylic unit. So, if your budget requires something other than acrylic or your comfort with George, here is a comparison. If you have any other questions feel free to post or pm me. I don't want anyone to be disappointed if they try to order a unit from George. I didn't have any problems but I can't speak for how his business is going now.
Old 2008-05-13, 10:11pm
Old to LE, new to torch

just marking