LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2007-08-16, 11:36am

frantz doesn't have the jasper do they?? I wish I would have looked in here to see your beads Sarah before I placed my order!! I ordered the lichen odd, but not the dark lichen!! Damn I hate having a budget!! LOLOL

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2007-08-16, 11:56am
Storm Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by josielv View Post
is the jasper the same as the strawberry
I think it was stated earlier in this thread that what we are getting in the states is a bit different in color than the Jaspers so they were named Strawberry Sweet and Lime Sweet instead.

Old 2007-08-16, 11:57am
make beads not war

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyuno View Post
The rods of red jasper I got from Glassworks looks very similar to the bundle on the right with a lime core. I wish it was Saturday so I can torch!
Old 2007-08-16, 12:02pm
hooked, completely!!!

i get the odds that mike has agreed with vetrofond, although it is important to note that there are inevitably slight differences in the rods within each colour.. mike gets FAR more glass than i do - so he will likely have a wider range of tonalities within each colour, i basically have what i get!!!

we called our strawberry and lime "red jasper" as ours do not have the marked yellow that are in the original factory paddles.. having said that, a few of our sticks are MUCH closer to lime, but we tried to make paddles and the bulk of our light red jasper are more pink/red/tan/grey than the paddle showing lime sweet from the factory..

Old 2007-08-16, 12:10pm

Oh ok, thank you!! Good, I ordered both!! Sorry for the repeat questions

Old 2007-08-16, 12:11pm

can't wait to see what you come up with Melissa!!!!!

Old 2007-08-16, 12:33pm

Default 791994 Vetrofond Strawberry Sweet???

Anyone know what this looks like? I ordered some from Frantz on the perpetual quest to find neat pinks! Any examples?
Old 2007-08-16, 12:51pm
Entropy increasing....

Melissa those are exactly what the lime sweet and strawberry sweet look like.

It must be the same glass.
Old 2007-08-16, 3:55pm
Storm Queen

Where is my GLASS!

Old 2007-08-16, 4:09pm
http://youtu.be/nGt9jAkWi

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKDesigns View Post
Where is my GLASS!
I know, me to. I'm patiently waiting!! Correction: I'm impatiently waiting!!

Vivian

-

Old 2007-08-16, 4:18pm
Storm Queen

My boyfriend was supposed to be here today with my present....ok, the UPS guy with my Frantz order but same thing. I can't even tell you how many times I've looked out the window to see if he's pulled up and the number of times I've gone outside and checked the driveway/front door to see if he's already come and left my present. I have plans for that Strawberry Sweet....

Old 2007-08-16, 4:33pm
I'm meeeeelting

Oh yay. I have "jasper." I didn't get dark moss agate, though.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Kevlar Fingerless Gloves:
Old 2007-08-16, 4:52pm

Yay! Got mine today and played briefly. Love, love, love the dark lichen and marbled avacado. The marbled avacado is definitely shocky but worth the patience! Honey Crunch is a lot like dark ivory but does have some streaks. I worked them all as little as possible and got a good bit of variation out of most of them. I just made small test beads so I won't post pics yet. Fun stuff!
Old 2007-08-16, 5:07pm
Storm Queen

I have a little trick that works pretty well with shocky glass. Heat the end of your rod until you have a small molten gather, take a tool and fold that over and spread it down your rod. You've now preheated the next inch of your glass. Put the end back in the flame and heat another gather a bit larger and fold over and spread down the rod again. Keep doing this until your gather is big enough to pull a string from. It tends to work pretty well.

Old 2007-08-16, 5:19pm

Great tip! I'll try it tomorrow. Thanks!
Old 2007-08-16, 10:57pm
Beady eyed

Sarah, thanks so much for posting your beads and the colour values, it's so helpful!!

My
My

My
My
My
Old 2007-08-17, 8:11am

Yipee, yipee, yipee, my glass just came!! I've got a class with Tink Saturday & Sunday, so I might take some along just for fun.

Vivian

-

Old 2007-08-17, 4:59pm
Storm Queen

My glass came today too and also a special box from Chris so I had glass overload today! I don't think the Strawberry Sweet likes silver glass. Must have gold in it because I'm afraid it turned brown on me...boohoo...I had such visions.

Old 2007-08-17, 5:12pm
Entropy increasing....

I played with mine today. They honey crunch seems to be an ivory. The lime sweet seems to be a coral. It turned that gray color the corals turn when you heat them.
Old 2007-08-17, 5:18pm
Storm Queen

Yep, the Strawberry Sweet did the gray thing so I also assumed it was a variation of coral...which means it probably did at least darken from the silver glass.

Old 2007-08-18, 12:00pm
Super Duper

From the pictures of the rod ends I would go as far as to suggest its just normal colors put through the filligrana machine.
Old 2007-08-18, 5:36pm
yukue fumei

WOoHOOO!!
Got my shipment today!! Can you say yummy!
Should have gotten more of the topaz!
Thank you so much Quinton!! That was incredibly fast!! LOVING your packaging too--not one chip!

nagi

Old 2007-08-18, 7:49pm
Ad astra per aspera

Sarah, WOW!!!! Those beads and color interactions are glorious!!!

Old 2007-08-19, 7:36am
yukue fumei

Tapenade....why didn't I order more of this color! noooo.....

nagi

Old 2007-08-19, 3:01pm
sunscreen me baby

I've got some!!! Crystal dropped of our European shipment and wow. I made a set with topaz and ran out of me time.... I can't wait to see what the others do!

Please keep showing off your colors, I love seeing what we all do. Thanks!!

~

Old 2007-08-19, 3:56pm
Dances With Fire

wow Kimberly..those are gorgeous! makes me want to fire up...alas....not until tomorrow night.....

crystal

Wouldn't it be nice if, whenever we messed up our life, we could simply press " Ctrl Alt Delete" and start all over?

Old 2007-08-19, 7:24pm

Kimberly, those are beautiful & long!!

I made this vessel with the weird Topaz.

Vivian

-

Old 2007-08-19, 7:50pm

wow, i am so glad i got some strawberry

Old 2007-08-19, 9:40pm
I'm meeeeelting

Kimberly, those are stunning!

Vivian, your vessel is gorgeous!

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Kevlar Fingerless Gloves:
Old 2007-08-20, 3:36am
yukue fumei

WOW--Kimberly--WOW!!! Just WOW!!! love them all!

Vivian--amazing vessel--the topaz looks cool!

nagi