No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2007-08-18, 9:17am
yukue fumei

Default Double Helix Odds and Experimentals

Hi-
What are all the numbers of the odds and experimental lots of DH glass?
Galaxy Glass has some listed:
T-25
T-28

http://stores.ebay.com/Galaxy-Glass_...dZ2QQpZ4QQtZkm

And Kevan had the incredible C-70....
any other colors out there?
thanks!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
nagi

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by nagibeads; 2007-08-18 at 9:20am. Reason: spelling....oods!
Old 2007-08-18, 10:33am
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

Someone posted the sheet that came with their shipment that had all the numbers on it. I think it was in the bathroom - perhaps they will post again.

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2007-08-18, 10:38am
Entropy increasing....

That same C70 did this when I used it on top of clear.

Old 2007-08-18, 10:49am

I ordered the T25 and C75 from Double Helix but haven't received it yet. I think I remember the C75 is supposed to be a little like opal yellow?

Old 2007-08-18, 10:51am

She's beautiful Kevan....you sure know how to making those silver glasses perform.

Old 2007-08-18, 11:22am
Crazy Snake Lady

She still has the double amber luster odd lot available.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Double-Helix-T28...QQcmdZViewItem

Here's the DH list.

Old 2007-08-18, 11:33am
Crazy Snake Lady

This is C70 by itself. It doesn't show well in the photo but it's a gorgeous pale translucent honey color with a pearlescent sheen on the surface.

Old 2007-08-18, 11:55am
novembersfyre everywhere

Thanks for the heads up! I ordered some of the amber lustre. That is one of my very favorite color families

Old 2007-08-18, 11:55am
Rose colored glasses…√

Hmmm...I just checked my invoice for the DH odds I've not gotten yet, and I did get the C70. How much you wanna' bet that I can't get it to look like Kevan's? Any wagers? Anybody? No? Chickens!!!

OMG I listed some stuff!!! Little devils ARE ice skating!!!

RIP Sunday; You can donate for Izzy's Future Trust @:

Live kindly...'cause karma will bite you in the ass harder than you ever thought about nibblin'...
Old 2007-08-18, 12:26pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

I don't think Kevan has gotten it to look the same way again yet either .

DOG is my co-pilot
Old 2007-08-18, 5:31pm
yukue fumei

LOL!!

Thanks everyone!
Kevan--WOW--your silver color goddesses have been burning up LE!! WOOHOO!!!

thanks Laurie for posting the list! Sounds like ALOT of yummy colors were available!!
The H's sound awesome--anyone get any of that color? Any pics, please? Thanks!

nagi

Old 2007-08-18, 6:11pm
Embracing My Wonkiness

Quote:
Originally Posted by lldesigns View Post
This is C70 by itself. It doesn't show well in the photo but it's a gorgeous pale translucent honey color with a pearlescent sheen on the surface.

That's making my mouth water.

Lil
Old 2007-08-18, 6:20pm
Channeling Chaos

Hmmm, Nagi, I will have to try some of the Hs tonight. I some of all the odds and test batches and haven't made my way through them all yet! I know they have been so much fun and the colors are incredible.

Alana

Flameboyance Glass
Old 2007-08-18, 6:33pm
yukue fumei

Thanks Alana!
I eagerly await your pics and/or results!!

nagi

Old 2007-08-22, 10:32am
yukue fumei

Just played with a couple of colors- H-23, T-25, C-71 and T-28
The beads are still in the kiln, but wow, they are alot of fun! Lots of purples and blue....keeping my fingers crossed that it stays that way coming out!

C-71 gets a gorgeous luster. Unfortunately, I put it on a dark color that reacted, so I can't see if it turns colors as well.
T-25,28 and H-23 are similar to each other for me....nice blues and purples are possible. I think t-25 was easier to strike than the others. H-23 felt like it stayed purple a bit longer, but I only had time to make a couple of beads so it is not a good test.
The solid bead made with T-28 was luscious blue on one side and browny on the other. Lots of potential but I think I need to play more to get it to be consistent.
So far, WOW!!! Anyone else?
oh, and the thicker the layer, the easier it was to strike.

nagi

Old 2007-08-23, 10:16pm
yukue fumei

OK-sadness out of the kiln.
here is a pic of T-25 going into the kiln

and after coming out of the kiln....

My kiln runs hot, but I turned it down to 890F. Garaged for 2.5 hours.....
Any advice is very welcome...thanks!!

nagi

Old 2007-08-24, 6:34am
Rose colored glasses…√

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagibeads View Post

Looking at my little sheet that came with my odd lots; T-25:Opaque brown rods that will luster. I'm "assuming" T is for Terra. My "Terra" opaque brown rods, that I got as my second batch, lose color in the kiln no matter what, and do luster in an oxygen rich or neutral flame. I've considered sending it back and requesting a replacement, but have since decided that since I only have a few rods of it left, and since I know it's gonna' strike in the kiln to brown and purple, that I'd use it as brown and purple. I've been pulling it into stringers, and using it as a "vine" and "leaf" cane. If I'm lucky enough to keep a little bit of green, great, if not, no biggie. Used this way, it looks like those wandering jew plants that are green, brown, and purple.

OMG I listed some stuff!!! Little devils ARE ice skating!!!

RIP Sunday; You can donate for Izzy's Future Trust @:

Live kindly...'cause karma will bite you in the ass harder than you ever thought about nibblin'...

Last edited by chrissij; 2007-08-24 at 6:58am. Reason: forgot a needed comma...sorry Mincot
Old 2007-08-24, 6:37am
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagibeads View Post

try turning it down a little more and see if it still does it. Try another 25 degrees.

DOG is my co-pilot
Old 2007-08-24, 6:49am
yukue fumei

Thanks Chris and Sigrid!
I will try another 25 degrees...
WOW-Chris, thanks for that note--that must be the same thing with my Terra batch. I was able to get some nice purple with a couple of rods of my first purchase but most of the rest stay brown. (Gosh, boro is so much easier to strike!) They do luster nicely though, just as you say.
I tried more of the odd lot colors last night. The beads are still in the kiln, but now I think they will all come out brown....

nagi

Old 2007-08-24, 10:26am
Storm Queen

Nagi, that's sad...the purple color is gorgeous.

Old 2007-08-24, 10:27am
Semi Retired

T26&T28 on smooth riverrock:

|

|

|

|

Old 2007-08-24, 10:31am
novembersfyre everywhere

Denise - I really like the pale colors coming out of the kiln. No advice here though!

Mary - I really like the one in the lower right hand corner that looks amber and orange!

Old 2007-08-24, 10:35am
If you don't member,ASK!

Where is everyone getting their DH glass? Their site doesn't get me anywhere.

Michel & Lisa

Empty right now, but Lots of goodies coming soon!
Old 2007-08-24, 10:36am
yukue fumei

Thanks Amy!
I think I will try the low temp...
I think my kiln must be running high, since all my Nyx turned light blue after 2 hours at 890F.....

WOW dichromary!!! Your beads turned out excellent!! WOOHOOOO!!!

nagi

Old 2007-08-24, 10:39am
yukue fumei

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryBeth View Post
Denise - I really like the pale colors coming out of the kiln. No advice here though!

Mary - I really like the one in the lower right hand corner that looks amber and orange!
Thansk MaryBeth!

nagi

Old 2007-08-24, 10:39am
yukue fumei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterman View Post
Where is everyone getting their DH glass? Their site doesn't get me anywhere.
They are sold out. If you want to try some, PM me your addy and I will send you a couple of rods.....

nagi

Old 2007-08-24, 10:47am
If you don't member,ASK!

Thanks, but I have 4 short rods of odds that were a surprize gift. I was hoping I could get some more somewhere. I don't want to take someone elses rods when I have a few. thanks.

Michel & Lisa

Empty right now, but Lots of goodies coming soon!
Old 2007-08-24, 10:52am
Entropy increasing....

Hmmm....so is this.

Old 2007-08-24, 11:00am
yukue fumei

Kevan, I love you but I hate you right now...LOL!!!

nagi

Old 2007-08-24, 11:13am
Entropy increasing....

LOL. Here's the trick. Don't lay it down nice on the mandrel. Dab it on, swirl it around, mix it up and then heat the heck out of it. Heat it, cool it, reduce it, un reduce it, cool it, heat it. Don't be nice to it.