Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

View Poll Results: What clear do you prefer?
Moretti 18 9.09%
Vetrofond 74 37.37%
Lauscha 85 42.93%
Kugler 4 2.02%
Some other type that I'm about to tell you about! 25 12.63%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 198. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-12-20, 1:42pm
kindasorta Spring almost

Awesome!

I have a kiln rack, but it only has room for like, 10 beads... so I load in first one row of beads, and then stick the next layer a weenie bit back from that, and stop before the mandrels are sticking out the door... it's not the best, but it's the best I can do.

I find that the higher temperature really intensifies the Rubino Oro, like crazy... which makes me very very happy. Even when I am afraid that I haven't properly struck it (striked??? boy is this turning out to be a debilitating cold - just a head cold, but gee whiz... the sneezing and congestion are something else!), I stick it in the kiln and it comes out intense deep ruby red.

Smiles,
Carol Anne

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2008-12-20, 3:12pm
passionate about pets

typically you can stack the beads......once they have been in there for 5 mins+
But i guess you are saying that if you stack them at the 980 degees they might get kiln marks from the other beads (i call it bead kisses) cause it leaves marks...

*StOrM*

Nortel Minor- Natural gas & Oxycon

Old 2008-12-21, 3:21am
kindasorta Spring almost

awww, that is so sweet...

I call them "those @*#&!% marks that make a couple of @*#&!% beads unuseable"...(except maybe in mosaics...)

My cold is getting worse and I have to sing in the Christmas concert on the 25th. And take a train 4 hours on the early morning of the 24th. At least I will be back in Lauscha on the 25th for the concert and then stay here for the entire vacation until the new year. YAY! Going to visit a thermal swim hall, with steam and fountains and and and... Gasoline prices sunk to around 6 dollars a gallon here - they were up to the equivalent of 10 dollars a gallon... so driving 40 miles to visit a nice pool is something we can consider again... and that had nothing to do with glass, so ignore it. Time to go back to bed.

xoxoxo, Carol Anne