Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2009-02-05, 8:21am
Cali4nia baby

Oh yessss, me wants some too ! post those pix soon Amy - please
Old 2009-02-05, 11:43pm

I think it's funny how much of us have the glass but won't use it. I finally had to pull it out and put it up for sale today and I kept saying..no, yes...no...yes
School books right now take priority. I did hold a little bit back though...You never know when you might mysteriously learn the trick to working it perfectly!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2009-02-06, 9:17am
Silver Hogs/Tool Junkies

Default OR vs. Aion2...

Could some of you fine folks show some examples of the difference between the two? And how you work both of them to get the effects you want?

Please?

I only have Aion2 and have never had any OR. Sad isn't it?

Thanks, Jack

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2009-02-07, 9:37am
Glass Lover

I too would love to see some pictures of beads made with OR, with specific attention drawn to the OR so we can see exactly what's so wonderful.
Pretty please?

For a couple of years I've been buying up glass and sending it to my studio in Florida. Somewhere along the way I bought a pound of DH's "Olympia Rain Blue Odd" from Deonne (ebay)......anybody know anything about this colour or have piccies?
TIA!
Old 2009-02-09, 8:07am

here's some O.R. love.
And, I do love it!
cheers,
jo
Attached Images

- A work in progress

Old 2009-02-09, 8:19am
Silver Hogs/Tool Junkies

Quote:
Originally Posted by tela View Post
here's some O.R. love.
And, I do love it!
cheers,
jo
That's a beaut!! I've gotten that kind of effect with Aion2 also. (My bead wasn't quite that good-looking though)
Thanks for the pic.

Any more examples or advice about OR... or AION2 for that matter?

Jack

Old 2009-02-09, 9:16am

Well I'm a bit embarrassed and also very pleasantly surprised. I got a very special package from Double Helix today with old Olympia Rain and Aion2 and a note asking for me to test the two and send them my results. That's pretty cool of them and I'm happy to do it. Quote from Amy...........

Sometimes its good to read the whole thread.
Old 2009-02-09, 3:10pm
Silver Hogs/Tool Junkies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat View Post
Well I'm a bit embarrassed and also very pleasantly surprised. I got a very special package from Double Helix today with old Olympia Rain and Aion2 and a note asking for me to test the two and send them my results. That's pretty cool of them and I'm happy to do it. Quote from Amy...........

Sometimes its good to read the whole thread.
Congratulations Pat!!! You go girl!

Jack

Old 2009-02-09, 3:26pm
Storm Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by J&M View Post
Congratulations Pat!!! You go girl!

Jack
Congratulations on what?

Old 2009-02-09, 3:32pm
Sheryll

Lol, Jack - I think you read Pat's post wrong. Amy was the one that got a package of OR and Aion2. She (Amy) had also stated that most her beads have OR in it if you were interested in seeing what that color looks like.

Also, try running search on Aion2 on in this room. You can also look at the silver exchanges since there might be some who used Aion2 in their beads.

Old 2009-02-11, 1:59am

Wonder how much 2 or 3 rods of the original Oly. Rain is worth? I have I some and just never got into it.

Terra was my girl !!

Old 2009-02-11, 8:17am
Silver Hogs/Tool Junkies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven Wylder View Post
Lol, Jack - I think you read Pat's post wrong. Amy was the one that got a package of OR and Aion2. She (Amy) had also stated that most her beads have OR in it if you were interested in seeing what that color looks like.

Also, try running search on Aion2 on in this room. You can also look at the silver exchanges since there might be some who used Aion2 in their beads.
Your right. I goofed! LOL

Old 2009-02-11, 10:16am
Gone Fishing!

Question

would anyone be insterested in selling me a short or a rod of OR. I would like to try before I buy. I LOVE silver colors thanks to Rocio B and Haley.

PM me if your willing...

Ebay Id: ArtglassbyHollyYoung
Etsy ID: ArtglassbyHollyYoung
Old 2009-02-16, 7:12am
Cali4nia baby

Oh wouldnt it be Wonderful .....to try a wittle piece of OR .....someday somewhere...... "Sigh" anybody got a sample to try? I would be sooooo overjoyed to try this glass that everyone reveres so much ~
Old 2009-06-04, 10:05am
Storm Queen

Just in case some of you missed it, there is now Olympia Rain available on the Double Helix site only. It's a limited run so when it's gone....that's it. These were made with this latest batch:

Firefly Nuggets

Firefly Discs

Old 2009-06-05, 6:51am
maybe tomorrow

Those are beautiful Amy! Very ethereal. So....how much of the new OR did you buy?

Old 2009-06-05, 10:17am
Storm Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Lutman View Post
Those are beautiful Amy! Very ethereal. So....how much of the new OR did you buy?
Enough to make me feel a little sick to my stomach because of how much money I spent.

Old 2009-06-05, 12:08pm
A True Woofer

I have 2 lbs of the old stuff but I had to buy more of the new stuff! Those beads are awesome Amy.

Old 2009-06-05, 1:05pm
Storm Queen

Thanks Ellen! The glass is pretty fool proof. I still have about 2 pounds of the old OR too. I use it pretty much daily but I pull stringers so I go through it pretty slow. Those beads were the first time in years I used rods to make beads with OR. It felt kinda decadent.

Old 2009-06-05, 1:15pm
make beads not war

So are those only Olympic Rain? Or did you encase?
Old 2009-06-05, 1:21pm
Storm Queen

The nuggets are OR lightly reduced and encased. The spacers are just OR, no encasing. The discs are OR heavily reduced and encased.

Old 2009-06-05, 11:28pm
To Bead Or Not To Bead

I've been hoarding my 3 sticks of Olympia Rain too, but since DH has brought out a new batch, I thought I'd use some of the old stuff and order some new. Here's my latest set that I used OR on.
Attached Images

Ebay: