Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2009-05-12, 10:01am
Wooohooo,GS!

Default Original Glass Stock Class Schedule, woohoo!

Hello Everyone! Here is the OGS class schedule for you to look at until May 23rd:
http://originalglassstock.com/gpage2.html

You CAN mail your checks too, please postmark on the 15th OR later.

I will not be at my PC this next few days, we have company coming so please hold any questions until Saturday or later.

Can't WAIT, woooohooo!
Hugs deb

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2009-05-12, 5:16pm

I would love to take that class for the furnace flowers with Vanessa. Does anyone know how to contact her to see what you need to do to be considered Intermediate in that?
Do you need to have done furnace work before?

Old 2009-05-13, 8:52am

Whooooo Hoooo! Anyone know if there is a special rate at the Holiday Inn Express for us? Thanks!

Old 2009-05-14, 2:31am

I am still looking for another 1 or 2 people for our house so if anyone would like to stay with us it will be lots of fun and the house has a hot tub and would be way cheaper than the hotel.

Old 2009-05-15, 9:42am

Can someone email me at leslie@crazywomanglass.com with Deb's phone number? Need it to mail out our checks today. Please and thanks!!!!

Old 2009-05-16, 7:09am
Wooohooo,GS!

Hi everyone! I had company and then went out of town for 4 days, went to get my StepDad's car and tools since I have had neither the last 3 months so it was a cool road trip with a friend and my son. My StepDad passed away last year and I know he would be happy to know I got them, especially since I had no tools or car! It was really nice to see my Mom and fix a few things around the house for her before we left!

Leslie, I am emailing you the number right now.

Glad to be back out of the desert and home after 4 states in 4 days!
Hugs deb

Old 2009-05-16, 2:44pm

Hi Deb,
Glad you're back safe and sound - and with a car!!

Sent my check out this morning, now I just have to hope you can reach me because I'll be traveling from the coast to interstate 5 that day.

We're going to be up your way on Thurs & Fri, I'll call you first to see if you're home (you already sent me your number) and would love to stop by and say "Hi". And we're going to check out Aquarium Village, just to "whet the appetite" a little
Hope to see you soon

Old 2009-05-16, 6:04pm
it is what it is......

sent my check today!!!!!!! woo hoo!

Old 2009-05-16, 6:12pm

Jill, Chuck and mine are on the way also!! Whooo hoooo.....!

Old 2009-05-16, 7:05pm
Wooohooo,GS!

Lori, so sorry! I am sure we can find someone who still needs lodging, I will contact a few people tomorrow for you.

Melody, would love to see you, just give a call I will be in the studio both of those days.

Judi, Leslie, Chuck and Jill, woohoo! Can't wait to see you all again and meet new folks!

Sorted out all my new stuff a little, lots of cool tools, amazing how much a gal needs tools and my Dad had quite a few....pneumatic ones even!

My son just cruised to the store for chocolate for his mother in our new ride, now that is an AWESOME son! Off to relax after some gardening (need that sunshine!) and dinner oh, and chocolate!

Hugs deb

Old 2009-05-16, 8:43pm

Deb, sent you an email. I can't attend this year so that will free up space for someone else. If there's a get-together on Wednesday eve, I may be able to come down to say "howdy" to my out-of-town glass peeps. I am soooo bummed about having to cancel. Life's just not fair sometimes!

Glad you got some cool tools and a car. Enjoy that chocolate!

Angela Kane

-One of a kind boro frit blends!
Old 2009-05-17, 7:20am
Wooohooo,GS!

Hi Angela, that is too bad, we will miss you! I am not sure but think the meet and greet will either be here at the house or at the venue, email me a week before and I will let you know.
Hugs deb

Old 2009-05-22, 2:56am
Bitten by the travel bug

Looking at the schedule I cant find the faceting beads class - it is still up on the website as TBA - but I cant find it on the schedule? I notice Loco's class isnt on there anymore either, shame.

Old 2009-05-22, 3:57am
Bitten by the travel bug

oo, just found it!! Faceting Beads with Dr Craig Reeves. Yay.

Old 2009-05-22, 2:29pm
Know-it-all Megalomaniac

Just for the newbies here - I want to add THERE ARE NO BAD CLASSES!

This is important for you to know - since most likely
all of you won't be getting ALL your first choices.

You might get MOST of what you want, or maybe one GREAT class that
you are dying for, but in the end - no matter which classes you take
they are REALLY all awesome! Even the "just demo's" ones. I learned
more from those than some of the classes, even!

So don't fret if you don't get all your picks. Rest assured that all the teachers
this year are great (me too ) and all the classes here are just
wonderful! You'll have an awesome time.

Get your copy of the new Lampwork Etc. Tutorials and Tips Book

Old 2009-05-23, 9:33am
I'm meeeeelting

OMG. I'm such an idiot. I had this, apparently stupid, idea that I could get Paypal set up last night so I just needed to hit the send button when the clock struck 9:00. I didn't even stop to think that Paypal would have timed me out. I had to friggin' log back in and do it all over again so now I'm probably last. Grrrrrr.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Kevlar Fingerless Gloves:

Last edited by artsyuno; 2009-05-23 at 9:37am.
Old 2009-05-23, 10:37am

OK it is Saturday and the clock is ticking. What to choose? What to choose? It all looks good to me.
Joan
Old 2009-05-23, 11:25am

The last time I sat by the phone I was a teenager waiting for a boy to call (he never did) and I swore I would never wait by the phone again.
Oh the things we do for glass!

Old 2009-05-23, 1:55pm
I'm meeeeelting

All done and very excited about my picks!

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Old 2009-05-23, 6:27pm
Angel's Mom

Me, too!! Can't wait for September~!
Old 2009-05-23, 6:48pm
I'm meeeeelting

Quote:
The last time I sat by the phone I was a teenager waiting for a boy to call (he never did) and I swore I would never wait by the phone again.
Oh the things we do for glass!
I know! I printed out the class info, made a list of my top picks and spent the day in the flameworking studio. That was after changing my phone ringer to the most loud, annoying ring tone I could find, because I was afraid I'd miss the call. It gets pretty noisy in there when there are several torches and mouths going. I had to sacrifice a bead to take the second call, but I'd just started it, so it was a small price to pay.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Last edited by artsyuno; 2009-05-23 at 7:07pm.
Old 2009-05-23, 8:34pm
Bitten by the travel bug

Having the classes booked makes it feel much closer and more real. Yay!

Old 2009-05-23, 8:35pm
Wooohooo,GS!

Default Karen, you are a goddess!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Hardy View Post
Just for the newbies here - I want to add THERE ARE NO BAD CLASSES!

This is important for you to know - since most likely
all of you won't be getting ALL your first choices.

You might get MOST of what you want, or maybe one GREAT class that
you are dying for, but in the end - no matter which classes you take
they are REALLY all awesome! Even the "just demo's" ones. I learned
more from those than some of the classes, even!

So don't fret if you don't get all your picks. Rest assured that all the teachers
this year are great (me too ) and all the classes here are just
wonderful! You'll have an awesome time.
SOOO very true Karen, they are all great! I did have to say no, sorry, quite a bit on last round but they always found something else great!

I am totally whipped, my ear is killing me and I am starving now that I am finally done, woooohoooo! Thanks for all the help here today folks!

You will all get update emails monthly starting soon.

Off to eat, take a nice long soak, curl up in front of the blazing fire and watch some TV with the furry ones!

Thanks to all of you who made today so great! For the love, support and thanks you all gave me today I thank you from the bottom of my heart!
BIG huge hugs, deb

Old 2009-05-23, 8:38pm
Wooohooo,GS!

Felicia, you are so sweet! It was great talking to you today, no matter how noisy
I can't wait to meet you! In fact, I can't wait to meet all the folks I haven't yet and hug all the other ones....this is gonna ROCK!
Let's get this party started........... ......... ..........
oh yeah, we gotta wait some more
deb

Old 2009-05-23, 9:11pm
I'm meeeeelting

You deserve to put your feet up and relax after your marathon day!

I could have thrown my bead into the kiln and then pulled it back out to finish it after I got off the phone, but I didn't even think about it. I just tossed the mandrel down on the table. Had to get to my phone. Be glad I didn't stay home to wait for the calls. One of my basset hounds has, for some reason known only to herself, taken to howling at the phone when anyone calls. She makes the studio seem quiet.

Hey, was I supposed to have given you a t-shirt size? I remembered after I got off the phone that the email mentioned that.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Old 2009-05-23, 10:11pm

Felicia,
If you think your place was noisy waiting for the phone call - you should have been with me. I sat on the side or the road on Hwy 101 in Yachats, OR for ~1 1/2 hrs because that was the only place I could get a signal

Then we were traveling down the coast and I worried I wouldn't have a signal for the second set of classes. But - everything worked out and I got my classes and am really excited to go - and to meet everyone.

Thanks to Deb and her crew for all their hard work today. Deb - you're the greatest.

Old 2009-05-23, 10:16pm

Thanks so much Deb. I've registered for many different kinds of events and never has any of them set up a process that felt so oriented to getting the most participants in their top choices. I know it was a huge amount of work.

As a Glass Stock newcomer I appreciated Karen's comments that they are all good classes. I'd been stressed about choosing the "right" ones or the "best" ones and then realized I should just pick and stop worrying. And thanks for all the comments from old hands on not sweating the demo!

Deb L.
Old 2009-05-23, 10:56pm
I'm meeeeelting

Melody, that's dedication! I'm glad it worked out.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Old 2009-05-23, 11:10pm
Know-it-all Megalomaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebL View Post
As a Glass Stock newcomer I appreciated Karen's comments that they are all good classes. I'd been stressed about choosing the "right" ones or the "best" ones and then realized I should just pick and stop worrying. And thanks for all the comments from old hands on not sweating the demo!

Deb L.
I can also add onto this, by saying that no matter what class you
are in, I can guarantee you'll still be upset you didn't get into whatever
class is running opposite yours .

I had NO interest in taking any of the furnace classes last year.
So of course, as soon as I saw some of the things that the class
had made, I immediately had paperweight envy. Same thing with the
faceting classes (had no interest in those either - until I saw the
final products.

Oh, and I definitely had zero interest in any class called "sculpting fairies"
...I mean...how interesting could that be. Then I watched Ray sculpt
the most incredible fairy figure in SOFT glass using nothing but a butter
knife and a marver. Holy crap. I was kicking myself for months after THAT.

Part of the overall experience of this event is developing the ability to
LISTEN to YOUR teacher, while at the same time trying to listen in on
the OTHER tables in the area while they do their thing. And of course,
the other tables are doing the same thing, so the overhead view of the
event has us all looking like f&%$cking chickens as we bob our heads
and duck and weave - attempting to see four tables at the same time.

Then, you get your break and you go check out the "cold" rooms where
people are working on non-torch stuff, and it gets even worse when
you see the glorious things THEY'VE got going on. (sigh) The whole
thing is a maddening, but very exciting experience. Can't wait!

Get your copy of the new Lampwork Etc. Tutorials and Tips Book

Old 2009-05-24, 12:07am
Beyond Cloud 9!

LOL Karen!! I'm sure this is going to be a blast!!!

Yes, thanks, Deb and crew!!! I can't wait to meet you all!